Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

who here recommends one or the other. would you prefer benzoyl peroxide(proactiv) or salicylic acid(proactiv)? i tried proactiv b4 and it gave me good results but stopped and am tempted to either go back to proactiv, scared if it doesn't work as well, or murad b/c i heard some good stories about it. i have oily, very moderate acne and am currently using Carley's and 4g b-5. any suggestions?

I would like to say that either Proactiv® or Murad® is useless. Initially, they combine all those acne medication together which will cause over -irritation. Secondly, they are costly.

My suggestion would be..try Dan's regimen...cheap, effective and will work.

garkee2003 :roll:

Murad was terrible for me. Man, I don't even want think about that time. It was the worse my skin has ever been. The moisturizer is okay though. But the Skin Repairing Lotion made me break out like a motherfu&*er. It was awful. People asked me if their was something wrong with me. Thank god that time is over and my skin is pefectly clear now.

I have never tried Proactiv. It is BP based. I read somewhere on epinions.com about people's results with it. Most people seemed to like it and then there were those for whom it didn't work very well. It seemed to not work very well for teenagers and even made the problem worse. It seemed to work better for people in their 20's and 30's. I guess because teenage acne is different that adult acne or the skin heals differently.

The thing I don't like is that Proactiv keeps sending you a supply like every month or something and they just charge it to your credit card once they have your information. You can't just buy one kit to try it out unless you cancel. They just keep sending you kit after kit until you cancel and charge it to your card. I don't really like that. The fact that they can just keep charging your card like every month or two months whatever it is. I'm sure the product is good because a lot of people have good results, but I don't like the way they keep sending you new supply.

Check out Proactiv at www.epinions.com and check out what people have to say about it.

Murad can take his stuff and shove it! That messed up my face so bad u guys have no idea...Im a guy with light mild acne and a week after using that HARRRRRSH stuff I had baad acne! $%#!&^% ..... I sent it back, along with a letter telling Mr Murad my feelings :D

Proactiv does work for most ppl. but we tend to get so stingy after it works, we lose sight and expect more. I think I will go back on it now cuz this crap from the stores just aint working.....

F--- Murad!

I'm a proactiv user, and love it, keeps me clear,

also about the constant sending it every month and charging your credit card, thats what money orders are for so you don't get scammed, i donot use a credit card with them, i just keep sending out the money order when it arrives.

yeah please don't use murad. it dumbfounds me how popular it is when i haven't met one person who hasn't suffered after the use of it. it seriously messed me up big time. i couldn't believe it. proactiv is ok but again dan's regimen is way cheaper. follow it to the letter though cause i keep seeing people on the board switching up products and using some really horrible things and wondering why they aren't getting good results. the bottom line here is benzoyl peroxide=kill bacteria. moisturizer=balance the skin. the moisturizer part is tricky cause nobody with oily skin wants to use the moisturizer but it is key. good luck. :D