Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

They can grow a heart in a lab but they cant cure acne?!?!?

everytime there is some huge medical achievement, from cloning cats, to growing hearts in a lab, to stem cells, i still cant believe there isnt a cure all for acne....

i just think that the medical society looks at acne as some kind of joke...Its 'cosmetic' and non life threatening so i dont think they put as much effort into finding a cure...

weve been using varyations of bp and sa for over 50 years now. Nothing new. I swear they could come up with a cure if they really wanted to.

The marvels of medical science

:P

The way I see it, acne is hormonal, and there are infinite amounts of factors that trigger it. Think of it as a genetically inherited disease... Can't be cured, only treated

Or.... Big Pharma asshole corporations dont want acne cured. Go to a local drug store and look at the entire acne section, tonnes of companies and products. If tommorow acne was cured for everyone all those businesses would be dead. People would be out of jobs. Its all money, thats all this world is about. Its never going to be cured, only if love takes over the world.

I remember seeing stuff about something called blood electrification that can help cure many things in your body, its where you circulate a small eletrical current through ur blood stream. I was wondering if this can cure acne... If it works in the first place... Check it out.

Maybe it's a hard problem to solve. Not all problems are created equal. HIV / AIDS, cancer - they don't have magic bullets.

And not all problems are related. It's like saying, "They can make machines that fly, why can't they make a ray gun?" at a time when lasers hadn't even been invented yet. Even within the narrower field of medicine, different achievements involve different breakthroughs.

Maybe it's a hard problem to solve. Not all problems are created equal. HIV / AIDS, cancer - they don't have magic bullets.

And not all problems are related. It's like saying, "They can make machines that fly, why can't they make a ray gun?" at a time when lasers hadn't even been invented yet. Even within the narrower field of medicine, different achievements involve different breakthroughs.

I love when this topic comes up because you guys always have some intriguing input :ninja:

I think there's truth in the ideas of everyone who posted so far. Big Pharma, money ahead of compassion, the challenge acne presents.

I know acne isn't given the same attention as other diseases.

I read a magazine poll asking

EXERCISING WITH MAKEUP?

IS IT A DO?

OR IS IT A DON'T?

About 77% of women said it was a DON'T and I thought hmm, wonder if the other 23% had acne. Skewed poll imo.

That's a good point. I'd like some solutions and/or cures to my scarring, myself. :D

Yeah, don't destress, they can't cure my autoimmune disease, they can't even treat my autoimmune disease... I'll take acne over some of those other things out there :) .

Go to a local drug store and look at the entire acne section, tonnes of companies and products.

its just like why breast cancer is so heavily publicized and marketed into neat little items and fundraisers while it is medically accepted cases of breast cancer yield very little solutions while domestic abuse is shoved into a corner. A cure for acne simply isn't profitable while the current state of things is. I bet dan kern is making a killing off of his sales.

I saw that heart thing on NBC World News last night, and this topic is actually

exactly what I thought of. It's very frustrating to feel like you're problem is

incredibly common but so hard to overcome. Although, a little spark of hope

for heart patients perhaps, wich makes me feel better, as I know some.

To be pretty honest you cant complain that 'they' (men in white coats?) have not managed to cure acne, its very superficial - distressing and awful for those that suffer it yes but I would much rather 'they' spent time on growing hearts and stuff and searching for a cure for cancer, or MS, or parkinsons or all the really terrible stuff in the world. In the list of medical priorities acne is very low on the list I imagine and rightfully so.

The conspiracy theories about pharmacutical corporations 'holding' back the answer so they can spin some more cash out of the hapless bad complexion consumers is a little too far fetched for me. Profit driven scientific investigations into skin care probably are narrow minded though, I wont deny that - they will set out to create a moisturiser for 'sensitive, flaky but sometimes mild to moderately oily acne prone skin' and probably acheive it. Then they will make another, then another..

I think it's a combination of a lot of things. I always have thought about this same exact question. I think part of it is money, part of it is the medical field doesn't see it as a bad thing, another part is they see accutane as the ultimate solution and in general there are so many reasons supposedly that cause it. However if you go to a dermatologist they'll usually say it's hormones and not your fault, which in all honestly is a lie in itself to some people. But all in all it comes down to those reasons. People need the money and if they cured it they couldn't make temporary treatments to rip your money out of your pockets. Most medical people don't really give a shit as I have never in all my life heard of a breakthrough for acne and I'm not even that old.

They didn't "make" the heart persay, but they flushed the cells out, and replaced them. Keeping the outer lining, etc. intact. All they did was reanimate it, and even then, they said it was a far cry from anything spectacular.

And I agree, acne isn't just on the lowest scale of "things to do" but it's also one that can't really be looked at, and have a conclusion drawn about it. Each persons acne occurs and happens differently...

To be pretty honest you cant complain that 'they' (men in white coats?) have not managed to cure acne

To be pretty honest you cant complain that 'they' (men in white coats?) have not managed to cure acne, its very superficial - distressing and awful for those that suffer it yes but I would much rather 'they' spent time on growing hearts and stuff and searching for a cure for cancer, or MS, or parkinsons or all the really terrible stuff in the world. In the list of medical priorities acne is very low on the list I imagine and rightfully so.

The conspiracy theories about pharmacutical corporations 'holding' back the answer so they can spin some more cash out of the hapless bad complexion consumers is a little too far fetched for me. Profit driven scientific investigations into skin care probably are narrow minded though, I wont deny that - they will set out to create a moisturiser for 'sensitive, flaky but sometimes mild to moderately oily acne prone skin' and probably acheive it. Then they will make another, then another..

Or.... Big Pharma asshole corporations dont want acne cured. Go to a local drug store and look at the entire acne section, tonnes of companies and products. If tommorow acne was cured for everyone all those businesses would be dead. People would be out of jobs. Its all money, thats all this world is about. Its never going to be cured, only if love takes over the world.

I can see why people believe the 'big-pharmo-asshole' theory. But think about this;

Imagine if a company could create a cure for acne and sell it? Imagine the market.

In my opinion, if there was a cure there'd be someone selling it for sure. We'd know about it.

Not everyone in the pharma wants to take everyones money. Its more of a pyramidal top down thing. The people at the very top of the pyramid, the people who run the companies/corporations or what ever, they know their agenda, the people below them do not. No way a big corporation would ever find a cure for acne. And if there was or is, its obviously going to be suppressed knowledge because as soon as they tell everyone their company shuts down. I cant imagine millionaires who run these companies wanna start going broke. Would you if you were in their situation?

Well, like I've said in other threads, the pharmacutacles don't lord over the entire healthcare system (the largest industry in the US). There are thousands of research Universities and Facilities, all searching and finding answers and many are non-profit. I work for the US Federal Government and whenever we develope a new technology or skill it is given away to anyone that wants it for free from pharmacutacles to hospitals to Universities to Doctor's offices. I really think acne is just too diverse for there to be one "cure" that would work for everyone. It's also not life threatening, so it's probably not at the top of everyone's to do list. :(

Well, like I've said in other threads, the pharmacutacles don't lord over the entire healthcare system (the largest industry in the US). There are thousands of research Universities and Facilities, all searching and finding answers and many are non-profit. I work for the US Federal Government and whenever we develope a new technology or skill it is given away to anyone that wants it for free from pharmacutacles to hospitals to Universities to Doctor's offices. I really think acne is just too diverse for there to be one "cure" that would work for everyone. It's also not life threatening, so it's probably not at the top of everyone's to do list. :(

I can see why people believe the 'big-pharmo-asshole' theory. But think about this;

Imagine if a company could create a cure for acne and sell it? Imagine the market.

In my opinion, if there was a cure there'd be someone selling it for sure. We'd know about it.

Well the US Govt. definitley suppresses or destroys free energy technology thats invented.