Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

No period =/

Have any of you who have taken spiro experienced a month without having a period? Im getting kind of concerned. Usually my periods start anywhere from the 7th of the month to the 10th of the month, but this time I havent gotten my period. I know its unhealthy to not have periods.

Wheres Peachy D225 :(

lol..I'm here! Don't really have a good answer for you though. I've been on bcps long term, and get my period exactly every 28 days (even at pretty much the exact same time of day). I can't remember, but I *think* you didn't want to be on bcps, right? Is it the added hormones in general, or the actual pill that's deterring you from going down that road? There's also the options of the patch or Depo Provera shot as well to consider. Unfortunately, Spiro and irregular periods are pretty common I think if you're not on birth control :(

How's your acne going? Are you still taking 50 mg twice daily? How long has it been since you were consistently getting 100mg/day?

same deal here. i got my period the first two months after starting spiro and now i seem to be 3 weeks late.. >_>

OMG thats aweful!

According to my Endocrinologist having weird months gets your whole body out of sorts. He said the cycle of estrogen and progesterone (which switches at ovulation) is important for your all over feeling of wellness and energy. He said the endocrine system is very touchy and it pretty much runs everything. But then I was having the opposite problem as you guys. Talk to your Doctor and find out what he says.

When I am on Spiro without birth control, I don't get my period AT ALL, EVER. I told my doctor the last time I went, and she thought it's because when I first started I had just gotten off of Yasmin which has one of the same hormones as Spiro. It's a tough one for me because I really like not getting my period especially when I'm not having sex so I know I'm not pregnant. Also, I don't want to take birth control pills and I don't want to stop taking Spiro because my acne will come back. I haven't read anything else though of someone having the same problem as me, but then again it is hard for me to discuss this with anyone.

When I am on Spiro without birth control, I don't get my period AT ALL, EVER. I told my doctor the last time I went, and she thought it's because when I first started I had just gotten off of Yasmin which has one of the same hormones as Spiro. It's a tough one for me because I really like not getting my period especially when I'm not having sex so I know I'm not pregnant. Also, I don't want to take birth control pills and I don't want to stop taking Spiro because my acne will come back. I haven't read anything else though of someone having the same problem as me, but then again it is hard for me to discuss this with anyone.

Its about fing time! I just got my period. I bet if I was still taking spiro I wouldnt have gotten it. As much as I do hate periods, its unhealthy to not have them

Over a year. I know... it's bad. The longest I've been off Spiro is about a week and my face broke out like crazy. I realize I can't stay on it forever though so I have been thinking maybe getting off for longer to see what would happen.

Over a year. I know... it's bad. The longest I've been off Spiro is about a week and my face broke out like crazy. I realize I can't stay on it forever though so I have been thinking maybe getting off for longer to see what would happen.