Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxsamxx

Please Help!A diff?

does anyone know if there is a difference between proactiv and dan's routine?It seems like there the same. Has anyone used both? Is there a diff? what is your result?

Thank you ! :)

does anyone know if there is a difference between proactiv and dan's routine?It seems like there the same. Has anyone used both? Is there a diff? what is your result?

Thank you ! :)

I only used an off-brand of ProActiv (Acne-Free) but if they're the same, I believe the main difference between ProActiv and Dan's Regimen is that the key of the Regimen is using much more 2.5% BP. From testimonials I've read of people, it seems that the Regimen is hands-down much more effective.

The other major difference is that Dan's Clear Skin Regimen emphasizes gentleness - quick cleansing with a very gentle cleanser, careful and thorough application of a liberal amount of bp, and moisturizing with a gentle moisturizer.

From what I've heard of ProActiv, it claims to be "gentle" but really contains some harsh ingredients. Also there is a lot less bp used in ProActiv, and there's no moisturizer step.

Also, ProActiv is about using SPECIFIC brand products, while the Clear Skin Regimen is more about technique and TYPES of products - Dan sells products so they are conveniently available, but you absolutely can use many other brands of gentle cleansers/moisturizers and 2.5% bp!