Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noellesmama

Let's share our Aspirin Mask recipes....

I absolutely LOVE the Aspirin Mask. I know everyone does it a bit differently but I thought I'd share my recipe.

Aspirin Mask (everything is approximate - I made it up as I went along)

• 20 uncoated aspirin
  • honey
  • apple cider vinegar
  • tea tree oil
  • jojoba oil
  • witch hazel

I put 20 aspirins in a bowl and slowly add the witch hazel and ACV (approx. 1 tsp of each) and then crush up all the aspirin. Then I add about 1 tbsp of honey, about 25 drops of tea tree oil. Finally I add a few drops of jojoba oil. I mix this altogether and put into a little 100ml travel bottle I have. It should be a bit runny in consistency. I put it on my face for about 1/2 hour and rinse off (I often use cetaphil cleansing lotion and use the aspirin mask as a bit of an exfoliant before I completely rinse the mask off). This has left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soothed. I use it every other day and this amount of mask should last 2-3 weeks. I've got to say this has become my Holy Grail treatment.

Just use mine with water - 7 aspirin in the coffee grinder, mix w/water to make paste.

I like your innovation with it though - I may try it :D

i just started doing this...but i take 4-5 uncoated aspirin in the palm of my hand and add a few drops of water..this basically disintegrates the aspirin..i then add honey and a little glycerin for hydration...i luv it! however i have only been using it around my chin area just to see how my skin reacts..i have read a few horror stories about it so i want to be cautious!

I use pretty much the same recipe as everyone else, but i think my method is a bit simpler!

1) First i take about 7-8 aspirin and put them in a bowl

2) I put about a teaspoon amount of ACV onto them

3) Wait 1 minute, the aspirin will be like mush! No grinding necessary!

4) Then I use a form to mash them all together into a kind of paste

5) Then i just add enough honey to make enough to cover most of my face (i ususally have too much though)

6) Just apply and sit back and relax with some cucumbers on your eyes haha

I did my first aspirin mask tonight! 6 aspirin tablets first diluted with just enough drops of water to disintegrate them, then mixed in some honey and Cetaphil.

I crush 1-2 aspirin th back of a spoon until powdered and add to 1 tblespoon of yogurt, any kind just not sugar free. Its a bit of a scrub too. Leave on 5-10 minutes rinse off.

I absolutely LOVE the Aspirin Mask. I know everyone does it a bit differently but I thought I'd share my recipe.

Aspirin Mask (everything is approximate - I made it up as I went along)

• 20 uncoated aspirin
  • honey
  • apple cider vinegar
  • tea tree oil
  • jojoba oil
  • witch hazel

I put 20 aspirins in a bowl and slowly add the witch hazel and ACV (approx. 1 tsp of each) and then crush up all the aspirin. Then I add about 1 tbsp of honey, about 25 drops of tea tree oil. Finally I add a few drops of jojoba oil. I mix this altogether and put into a little 100ml travel bottle I have. It should be a bit runny in consistency. I put it on my face for about 1/2 hour and rinse off (I often use cetaphil cleansing lotion and use the aspirin mask as a bit of an exfoliant before I completely rinse the mask off). This has left my skin feeling incredibly smooth and soothed. I use it every other day and this amount of mask should last 2-3 weeks. I've got to say this has become my Holy Grail treatment.

I use 3-4 aspirin, I wash the coating off of them first, I put it in this little bowl with a few drops of water, and then I add 3/4 of a "scoop" of MSM - a sulfur type compound that is present in places like cartilage, skin, etc. The MSM really hydrates my skin and it is finer than the aspirin so it gently exfoliates as well. That ACV and honey stuff sounds interesting, I will think about it.