Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pouringRAINA

Raina's Road to Clear Skin *NEW PICS!!! 6/30*

seven_star_glory and RCR, thank you for the bible verses, they help a ton.

I still haven't finished that essay...I probably should since it's already three days late...

Going to watch Cloverfield tonight. I saw it in the theater, and I thought it was AWESOME! What does everyone else think about it?

Just wanted to say your looking great and your attitude is amazing.. don't ever give up, your beautiful with or without acne and I know you will be more confident when it's all over. I'm 20 and wish I had done something more serious when I was your age.. you will not regret it, keep us updated.. I'm praying for ya.

kait

xx

Thank you =]

HOLY JEEZ!!! I don't know if you have heard, but Northern Nevada has been getting hundreds of earthquakes in the past couple of weeks. Just today alone there were more than 100 of them in our area. I live about 20 miles from the epicenter, so I haven't really felt any of them...until now. I was washing my face, and the whole house started shaking real violently. I got under the door way, and waited for it to be over. If it was that strong 20 miles away from where it started, it must have been at least a 5.0 at the epicenter (that would be the biggest we have had)...I will find out how strong it really was for you...and me.

So, basically, if you never hear from me again, it's because I died in an earthquake...haha. I doubt it will get that big, but I hope all of these little ones don't build up to a huge one.

Did you go through an initial breakout? And if so, which month did it end?

Oh and... do you have any pictures of around end of Month 2, end of Month 3, etc?

I ask because I'm on day 43 and my acne looks far worse than when I started. Doesn't seem to be dying down either. But I have severe acne, where as yours is much milder, at least relative to mine, so I don't know if that has to do with it.

I'm not really sure if I had an initial breakout or not. My face is kind of the same as when I started, only my pores on my nose are clearing out and I don't have as many red marks.

I'm only in month 2, around Day 50 or so. The most recent pictures I have are from day 25. On May 5th I will be updating pictures, so it will probably be easier for you to compare then.

I feel like I'm talking to myself...but oh well.

My face is not good this week. I have a honkin pimple below my right temple that is super red and super large. I am peeling in random spots on my face, and when the skin falls off, I am left with a red, nasty red circle. Yucko.

I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. Last time I went, they couldn't find a vein in one arm, and then they couldn't find it in the other, so they had to take blood from close to my wrist....it left a huge bruise that just went away last week. HOPEFULLY that doesn't happen again. I am also getting a wart removed from my pinky (everyone say "EWWWW!").

AP Tests are next week. WOO FLIPPIN HOO.

I had an orchestra concert today. We played Sunshine Of Your Love and SpongeBob Squarepants among other songs unworthy of being mentioned. It was an all around good time.

P.S. I haven't died in an Earthquake yet, as I am sure you can already tell. BUT, my youth group did get cancelled this week because they are afraid that we were going to get a big earthquake while all the kids were there. Wouldn't that be pleasant? I guess they have no clue if the earthquakes are going to die off, or if we are going to have a big huge one to end them all. It's uber scary here in Reno, I'm tellin ya.

Responses would be greatly appreciated :dance:

I know how it feels to have one pimple that feels like the biggest or worst. I have one on the crevice of my eye (not sure what to call it) and I can literally see it. It'll go down soon enough...also try putting an ice cold cloth or ziploc bag of ice on the pimple for about 20 minutes.

yeah there would be times when my log would just fall to like the 3rd page and i didn't want to bump it and have like a bunch of my own posts in a row lol.

I don't check in to this forum (or my own log) nearly enough since i finished and that goes against what i told myself i'd do. I'm going to try and make a better effort from now on to be here to support all the people here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new pictures though :)

Today I figured out that I can't do my flouride treatment on my teeth because the accutane mixed with the flouride makes me gums bleed like crazy. No bueno.

Oh screw it. I want to post pictures today AND tomorrow. I'll post acne progress pictures now, and tomorrow I will show you my new pearly whites :wub:

DAY 53

Left Side (aka my good side)

Right Side

The Full Face Shot

It looks the same to me except for less big red pimples...but as I am going past the third month, I am hoping for some drastic changes.

Before and after pictures of my teeth tomorrow!

your face is definetely looking much better, only some pimples but none of the smaller ones all over, but your face looks really great

I didn't get my braces off today. To make a long story short, we haven't paid them off yet, and even if we had I wouldn't have gotten them off because they keep over correcting my teeth.

One day...

Sorry Raina...Don't worry, it'll come soon.

I had a friend who got braces by an incompetent orthodontist, he wound up wearing his for over 5 years! That won't happen to you though.

I figure I might as well not expect to get my braces off until I'm 35. haha.

I went to the dermo today. My vein was hard to find (again!) so now I have a wonderful bump on my arm that will more than likely turn into a nasty disgusting bruise.

3 cystic nodules today. YUCK. I haven't gotten any of those since before I started taking Accutane...one day at a time I suppose.

So now I am off to take a short nap and then go play backround music for my school's artshow. THEN, I am going to see Cinderella put on by my school's drama department with my daddy and my friend Zack. Quite honestly, I'm just glad to be leaving my house because my mother is driving me NUTS!

My acne is doing so much better this past week. The only huge problem I am facing is that I have spots of my face that peel, and then they leave a big red raw circle. I feel like a Twister game board with only red spots on it.

My thrush (the stupid sore on the side of my lip) is back FULL FORCE. When I wake up in the morning, it feels like my mouth is sewn together because it drys. Hopefully it will go away relatively soon.

:unsure: My non-boyfriend Zack left today for 3 months (haha, my mom calls him my non-boyfriend because we aren't dating, but we are basically perfect for each other). He sells alarm systems, and so his company sent him and a couple other guys to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania until at least the end of August. That's flippin 2,700+ miles away! I'm excited for him though, because he's expecting to make enough money to get a new place and save up for his schooling to be a Firefighter. We hung out basically all weekend. He has a gynormous family (He is the 7th of 11 kids), and almost all of them plus his nieces and nephews were over, so there was about 25 immediate family members in the house. His younger sister Emily happens to be my best friend, so either way I am always over at their house. I'm gonna miss him.

Oh, my bruise from TEN DAYS AGO is still huge. The darn dermo ALWAYS leaves me with the gnarly-est bruises. I'll take a picture next time.

I went camping Wednesday and Thursday. I got some sun on my face, but I think that it helps my acne clear up. My face feels a lot better other than the fact that it's a little burnt.

I wish someone would say something so I didn't have to keep bumping my own log...

yeah, I've noticed that a bit of sun every day (like 20 minutes) helps the skin heal faster. Also improves the overall tone. Just make sure to use a cleanser for sensitive skin, and some SPF now that the summer is coming.

You're a beaut, honey. I really hope that the Accutane works for you. It's sure drying you out, isn't it? I did it 3-4 times in my late teens early/mid twenties, twice on regular dose and once or twice on low dose. I found that my skin improved a lot more once I finished a course of it, so you may see more improvement once you're done with this course. There is also a chance you may need to do more than one course to clear up as well. For me, my cystic acne more or less completely cleared up, but the other crap evolved with me as I aged, and stuck around. I was completely clear on spironolactone and BCP's, but am unable to take them at this time. Anyway, enough about me. Good luck with the Accutane and I hope it does the trick for you!

wow.. you've made a lot of improvement. i'm hoping to make the same progress. i'm only on my second week so far, but i've noticed that my oil has completely cut down by like 90% and i'm breaking out less.

my blackheads on my nose, cheeks, and chin are getting much more visible and i could feel them! it's gross and exciting to see them start drying up, but i do wish that they would just start pushing out soon. how long did it take for yours to start pushing out and becoming more noticeable?

I've noticed from reading a bunch of logs that for a lot of people it takes a good 2-3 months before you really start to stay clear. That was my experience too, I'd have a couple days where it seems like my acne was GONE and them boom another breakout. But eventually, it'll finally stop.

I started breaking out after about a week or two. I really started to notice the pores on my nose pushing stuff out within a week.

Mid-June I will be approaching my 3 month mark. I am excited to see what my face will look like after I go to camp. I will be at camp June 7th-June 21st. I hoping that little amounts of sun will help my skin (I am already planning to stay in the shade on beach days).

I have some big scabs under my chin, kind of on my neck. They are what used to be pimples, but now they just bleed if they get touched.

And I went camping this past Wednesday and Thursday, so my nose got a little burnt and now it is peeling. I look like Rudolph :lol:

Wow, I love bumping my own log....not really.

My skin currently has little bumps of pimples all over my face. It's not really that bad, it's just that lately it has been relatively clear, but all of a sudden my body decided to play cruel games on me.

Only two more days of school left! But then I get to do summer assignments...that's no fun. This is the last summer assignment I EVER have to do (I think) and so I just try to look at it that way.

I am starting to excersize more. We inherited a treadmill, so I am using it as much as I can. Does excersizing affect the skin at all? Will it make my face not as clear?

5 DAYS UNTIL CAMP! =]

So, I just got done reading your whole log and I must say..... damn girl! You had to go through a lot to get on Accutane. Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and show my support. I'm confident you'll do well. I didn't see any major results until the middle of my 4th month. I know it sucks but just be patient :D. With that said I'd like to just say a couple things. LOL!

"As of right now, I am always worrying about my skin. How good my day will be is determined by how many pimples I have on my face. First impressions are everything, and I hate that my first impression on people is that I am the girl with the acne."

- We guys are sensitive about how we look too, we just don't like to show it. Trust me I know how you feel. ;)

"Do guys have to pledge to have protected sex while on Accutane?"

- Naah, we don't. Advantage = boys (yall have to go through hell just to get on Accutane)

"I have sores in my mouth from my braces because I keep rubbing my lips together and my cheeks get cut."

- I had that problem and it sucked bad.... and that was without Accutane. Once you get your braces off you're going to love smiling. Friends, family, and strangers will come out of the woodwork to compliment you. Trust me! Do use a bleach kit.

"Oh, and my nose is getting dry too. Does it get easier to withstand the symptoms as time passes?"

- This and joint pain sucks for me. Dry nose is the only dryness that I can't totally control. I did have a doc prescribe Seaside Nasal Mist for me though. It's alright. Better than before anyway. Just grin and bare it for now.

"I finally just had to leave because she was breaking me down so bad. Usually I am confident, but she was determined to change that. ONE MORE REASON TO BE EXCITED ABOUT ACCUTANE!"

- Don't worry about grandma. She seems as if she doesn't understand what it likes. No way you can walk in another persons shoes.

Well my eyes are hurting from looking at the screen for so long so I'll end this with a GOOD LUCK!!!