Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just really need to rant right now because I feel like shit. Last night I cried like I haven't in months and gave my mom hell (she doesn't deserve it). Everytime I look in the mirror, I get so depressed I just want to die. My acne was under control since summer, but all of the sudden I started getting lesions of cysts and my face is throbbing with pain. I just don't get it. my derm just prescribed Ziana but after doing some research, it's gonna make my face break out like shit for 12 weeks before it gets any better. The same thing happened with Differin last year. I'm just so frustrated I can't think clearly. I don't want to leave the house or see anybody. Acne has ruined my life. I have no social life, no confidence. Is this living? I think I'd rather have cancer and die gracefully sans acne. I know this is really vain but I've hit rock bottom. As a Christian, I have to wonder is all this really part of God's plan for me? Maybe he wants me to overcome this and be a stronger, more compassionate person? It's just so hard to get up every morning and do all that I need to do when my face looks like hell (not to mention the pain) and I feel like shit. I feel like acne is devouring the prime of my youth. I want to go out and put my best face forward. My only hope is time. I'm 17 and hopefully my acne will naturally clear up after puberty, but that's not gonna happen for another 3 years at least. I have really low self-esteem as it is; I really don't need my face looking like a volcano. Why can't I just be like everybody else?

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any word of comfort or support because I'm just really depressed right now.

I think you can do it :comfort: I never thought I'd come through the worst

of it, but I did, and it makes you a better person I think. More compassionate

and understanding, level headed, able to push through the even tougher

things in Life. Keep your chin up :comfort:

I'm sorry you feel so, so low. :(

I think we've all had good days, and some very, very bad days.

I'm 17 too, and I feel so sad to know the majority of my teen years, a time where I should still be enjoying my last ounce of 'childhood' happily, has been spoiled by a paranoia and depression about my skin. But I know that if I keep fighting, and keep sticking to my regimen, and finding a medication that works for me I'll know the past 6 years haven't been the greatest and the next six years will be the best.

I can't really give complete advice, unless I take the route of my counsellor and simply state "lots of people go through it" because I actually have no answer (she does irritate me) but its good you have somewhere to express your feelings, rather than locking them down further. I really admire you for that, it seems to be a skill I have never developed and can never bring myself to do.

If you have something you are really passionate about, or a hobby you love doing, I find a good thing to do is to put all the emotion you feel into that particular hobby. For me, its songwriting, and I often get very passionate lyrics when i'm feeling my worst. Maybe its art, writing, a sport, or some sort of craft. Even writing in a diary, reading a good book and listening to music [avec dancing / headbanging LOL] have been some real good releases for me.

I don't know, i'm probably of no help at all but I will be thinking of you nonetheless. I hate knowing anybody is feeling the way I feel sometimes. :]

And trust me, you will overcome this, and you WILL become a stronger, more compassionate person. The greatest things in life often take some time and struggle before they resolve themselves. I know you can pull through.

<333333333

Hey, your not alone in this. I have been suffering from acne for about 5 years and it has really affected my life. I'm 16 right now and my social life is pretty crappy. I have very little confidence and self-esteen.

However, I do think that God gave us acne (as cruel as it may sound) for a reason. I believe the years that I suffered through acne has made me a more compassionate person. Now when i look at people i try to see past there apperance and outward actions and not judge them buy it. Instead i would see there inner beauty and see who that person really is.

Without certine hardships such as acne, I would probally be a completly different person. Everytime i look in the mirror I would feal really depressed and say to myself "why I can't be like everyone else and have clear skin?" But later i would say "I rather have a face full of acne than be a person who brings down people for how they act or how they look"

Keep on fighting this battle and in the end you will be glad you did. :proud::comfort:

We all get to the lowest point of our lives.

But, as when you fall on trampolines, there will always be a bounce. Wait for that.

I've been in the same position, when I was more or less the same age. And I'm telling you it will get better. Maybe not completely, but just enough to build yourself again.

Stay strong. :)

hang on there, if today is your lowest point, there's nowhere to go but up........

i'm also really depressed today, i cried and didn't leave my room the whole day, didn't want to eat because i didn't want others to see my face, so i locked myself up, hopefully tomorrow is gonna be better...........

I understand, and I'm sure most of the people here do also. I've acted like a total bitch to the people I love and I've isolated myself from practically the entire world. Acne can do this and that's why you have to fight it, don't give up. One day, your skin will be much clearer and you'll feel better. Unfortunaltley, it does require time and, with that, much patience. However, the day will come and you will have learned a lot. In the meantime, fulfill your time with something you really enjoy -- It'll help make the time fly by. Good luck! :)

I know exactly how you feel I went to the Dr. and told her how I felt about only leaving my house when i absolutely have to and she put me on Celexa an antidepressant with very low side effects. She said Lexapro was a good choice as well. And while my Face is still a mess I can laugh about it sometimes. I figured this way I have already loss everything and there is nothing else to lose so why not? After 10 Years of hiding it makes it alot better to not feel like a monster all the time. It takes about 2 weeks to get the full effects if you try it make sure you give it a chance to work.

i think sometimes we are tested to our limits and don't understand at the time why. it's almost like GOD is trying to see how strong we can really be. i've had this happen to me on a number of different occasions. the ones that come to mind are very difficult to think about, but one includes my struggle with acne.

i feel your pain...i really do. this is just not words. i've struggled with acne since i was 13. i'm now 29. it's definitely made me a more patient, compassionate person. it's made me see people for who they are instead of what they look like. it's made me a wiser, more educated person so i know what i have to do to improve it. it sucks so bad having it and some days you just want to explode!! it almost controls your life.

you have to stay strong and find what works best for you. i can't even remember the last time i had clear skin. i think it's something you have to learn to except, but still do all you can to improve it. until i excepted the fact that i was never going to have "perfect" skin i wasn't happy. i'm still not 100% pleased with my skin but it's definitely improving.

don't give up on yourself. do you realize how many people are struggling with the same thing you are? we're all in the same boat trying to find what works best. keep your head up. we're all in this together. if you ever need to chat let me know or send me an email.

be well.

This god is supposed to be omniscient, so he doesn't need to test you to see anything.

Next time you speak about a fictional character, at least make sure you don't confuse its characteristics.

God's plan lol.

Be more realistic.

Indeed. After dealing with acne I realised there was no God, no "loving" God would f**kup his "child"'s life like that. This stuff has screwed up more areas of my life than just my face.

There still can be an asshole god but nobody (except for masochists maybe) would want that one.

This god is supposed to be omniscient, so he doesn't need to test you to see anything.

Next time you speak about a fictional character, at least make sure you don't confuse its characteristics.

sorry...disagree with you completely. he does test you. i think after the last past 5 or so years i should know this. and it doesn't just include acne. i'm not confusing any characteristics...it's just how i feel.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any word of comfort or support because I'm just really depressed right now.

Heya

I know what you are going through; looking in the mirror every night and just wishing that when you looked in it next your face will have suddenly become miraculously clear, not wanting anybody to see you because you feel so ashamed, even thinking maybe God wanted you to have acne...but you can get through it.

God doesn't want you to have acne; hard to believe when you see new spots appearing every day I know, but I believe no Father wants their children to suffer.

I don't pretend to know why we suffer...I get angry, ask why me? I'm a good person, I don't deserve this...but just remember, no matter how you look, how angry you get with him, God adores you, which is great to know when you think no one could even bare to look at you - so don't let go of your faith in him.

It sucks being 17 with acne, I was in a similar position to you, I stayed in for the whole of the summer last year, to afraid to go out and show the world my face...and it isn't vain, especially when your confidence levels were low to begin with. However, after using aknicare products, and going on the pill, it has helped clear up my face.

I hope you can keep going, just remember you aren't alone in fighting this.

Heya

I know what you are going through; looking in the mirror every night and just wishing that when you looked in it next your face will have suddenly become miraculously clear, not wanting anybody to see you because you feel so ashamed, even thinking maybe God wanted you to have acne...but you can get through it.

God doesn't want you to have acne; hard to believe when you see new spots appearing every day I know, but I believe no Father wants their children to suffer.

I don't pretend to know why we suffer...I get angry, ask why me? I'm a good person, I don't deserve this...but just remember, no matter how you look, how angry you get with him, God adores you, which is great to know when you think no one could even bare to look at you - so don't let go of your faith in him.

It sucks being 17 with acne, I was in a similar position to you, I stayed in for the whole of the summer last year, to afraid to go out and show the world my face...and it isn't vain, especially when your confidence levels were low to begin with. However, after using aknicare products, and going on the pill, it has helped clear up my face.

I hope you can keep going, just remember you aren't alone in fighting this.

great post...i second everything you just said.

i feel your pain...i really do. this is just not words. i've struggled with acne since i was 13. i'm now 29. it's definitely made me a more patient, compassionate person. it's made me see people for who they are instead of what they look like. it's made me a wiser, more educated person so i know what i have to do to improve it. it sucks so bad having it and some days you just want to explode!! it almost controls your life.

You pretty much summed it up for me. I'm 25 now and had acne even before I was a teenager. I went through times where I felt so wronged by... something. It wasn't really god, but just life in general.

This probably sounds insane, but when I try to think about what my life would have been like without ever having acne, I sort of cringe. I think of all the creative things I've done because I was isolated for awhile. It helped me get the job I have now because I focused on writing so much as a teenager and all through college.

I'm a much more compassionate person who now will always look at people from within.

sorry...disagree with you completely. he does test you. i think after the last past 5 or so years i should know this. and it doesn't just include acne. i'm not confusing any characteristics...it's just how i feel.

sorry...disagree with you completely. aliens visiting earth do exist. i think after the last past 5 or so years i should know this. and it doesn't just include alien abductions. i'm not confusing any characteristics...it's just how i feel.

sorry...disagree with you completely. aliens visiting earth do exist. i think after the last past 5 or so years i should know this. and it doesn't just include alien abductions. i'm not confusing any characteristics...it's just how i feel.

This is a thread asking for suppoert. These people believe in God, and find comfort in religion, which means, unless you offer some support, you should keep your atheist opinions to yourself. You're not helping anyone by your posts. If you want to argue about the existance of a god, you should visit a religious forum, or even go to your nearby church.

You will get through this and you are not alone. I have often broke down over acne and the shit that life has thrown at me over the years (it has thrown some nasty shit, trust me) but it will make you a better person. Everything that I have gone through with acne and everything else has really made me put things in perspective and i am much happier now and you will be the same. A friend once said you appreciate the good times more after going through the bad times and it is so true. Maybe you should ask your doctor/derm about roaccutane or something else? Either way you can't fail if you don't stop trying. Look at everyone else on here and you soon realise you are not alone with this and whatever you feel there are other people who feel the same-it is comforting. Also look at their progress-it is encouraging. You WILL be fine so chin up and smile because you will get through this and clear up and you will be so much stronger and happier after :)

This is a thread asking for suppoert. These people believe in God, and find comfort in religion, which means, unless you offer some support, you should keep your atheist opinions to yourself. You're not helping anyone by your posts. If you want to argue about the existance of a god, you should visit a religious forum, or even go to your nearby church.

Agreed. If you can't say something nice, please don't say anything at all - certaintly at least in this thread which is asking for emotional support. Perhaps you could tell us how you get through your rough days, that's always a good place to start.

That's funny considering that the religious are always first to start talking about religion and god so I just reply to their ridiculous posts because I find them insensitive.

If they find comfort, good for them, but they should keep them to themselves in the first place.

How are people with serious and deadly diseases supposed to feel when they read crap like "god is only testing you because he knows you have enough strength to go through it?"

So what if you have muscular dystrophy? Too bad that you sucker aren't strong enough to go through the good lord's test?

You could say "Hey, I don't believe in God, but this is what I do when I feel really upset and need some help in life -" and then talk about what you do.

Which is alot more supportive than "GOD DOESN'T EXIST, NAH-NAH-NAH-A-BOO-BOO!"

The first indicates your own personal beliefs, doesn't comprimise them OR the other person's, and also lends useful advice. The latter is a sequeway into an argument, flame war, or plain ole' trolling. That is not the point of these boards.

Please take note of that. The moderators don't much like repeating ourselves. :)