Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightspeed

About time a made a log.

Trying out water only. Here goes. I think I will do daily updates for the first few weeks to see how it sets in. Then weekly.

Starting Sunday 6th Jan: Wash face with water only morning and night. Once every 2 weeks exfoliate with micro-fibre cloth. Supplements: 1 multivit a day, 2 vit B complex, 10ml of cod liver oil, 2 teaspoons of ACV morning lunch and evening. NOTHING goes of face except water. Trying to fix my diet: less carbs, no crap food, plenty of water and continue eating fruit and veg. Avoiding over indulgence in dairy.

Week 1:

Day 1- Not hoping for much yet :D. Nothing new in the morning. 2 similar new pimples formed above the lips during the day though. Squeezed one as an experiment, will see tomorrow which looks better. Healing pustules at the sides of my front chin. Didn't touch them. Face drier and slightly flakier than normal, presuming its because I no longer moisturize. Decided to go for a picture at the end of the week, need to get camera fixed.

Day 2-5Lost my past updates :(? Anyway, acne hasn't gotten any worse which is a good sign. Still getting spots here an there. Overall condition of my skin looks better, even though the spots are still coming my complexion has definitely improved. No longer using moisturizer in the morning. Looking forward to the next few weeks.

Day 6Thing have been bad, breakout around my chin again and now my left cheek. Started new supplements today. The next week will be a new start for me really. I'm not going to exfoliate any more... breaks me out from the two times I have done it =/. Also now avoiding accidentally turning my bathroom into a steam room when I shower, window is open now and colder water used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regimen now changing, I'm now taking whey protein. I can't afford to not take it at the gym anymore. Whey is faaairly low in lactose so I am still going to avoid all other dairy except butter on sandwiches and a pro-biotic yogurt. No milk. Taking a multi-vit with Zinc now and a full range of B complex and other vits and my 10ml fish oil. I am going to visit the steam room/sauna 2 or 3 times a week now. Still using only water day and night though. Wish me luck :|

Week2

Days 1 -3: For days one and two my skin was really bad, so many pustules and my face did not look nice at all. On monday I went to the steam room and stayed in for about 15 minutes. The next day I didn't notice much and my acne was just the usual bad. But today, I woke up and thought to myself that I actually look not too bad. There was no new spots which was great, but everything just looked a LOT better. I can't see any long term difference though. Going to keep on this for another week or so, then I'm going to see a doctor I think.

Good luck. I take it you are male and don't need to wash off makeup. Do you think water alone will be enough to remove bacteria, dirt and grime?

Good luck. I take it you are male and don't need to wash off makeup. Do you think water alone will be enough to remove bacteria, dirt and grime?

Well I'm going on the premise that acne isn't really caused by these things. Acne is really only caused from the over production of oil, whether your face is really oily on the outside or not. Mines isn't, but I still get moderate acne. I think that washing only strips away the surface oil, and can only get deep enough to prevent some breakouts, but ultimately topicals do not seem the way to go.

By only washing with water, twice a day I won't be stripping off the oil from my face and my body will not have to over produce any oil to compensate. Also there will be less irritation to the skin.

I also think diet plays more important of a part that most people think. We'll see :D.

pictures tommorow.. hopefully. I hate breaking out on a new regimen, it makes you want to jump out early even though you know you haven't given it enough time. Always seems that the previous regimen was always better, no matter what. My acne must be steadily be getting worse itself, unless I'm consistently making worse and worse regimens. Grass is always greener on the other side blah blah.

P.S Note to self. I will NOT pick or even touch my acne tomorrow. It's Sunday, I'm not going out anywhere where my skin needs to look good. Any picking I do tomorrow will worsen the scab and red mark and eventually cause more acne. Leave me face alone tonight.. and then tomorrow night. Two nights of healing, maybe I can wake up monday feeling slightly satisfied.

pictures tommorow.. hopefully. I hate breaking out on a new regimen, it makes you want to jump out early even though you know you haven't given it enough time. Always seems that the previous regimen was always better, no matter what. My acne must be steadily be getting worse itself, unless I'm consistently making worse and worse regimens. Grass is always greener on the other side blah blah.

P.S Note to self. I will NOT pick or even touch my acne tomorrow. It's Sunday, I'm not going out anywhere where my skin needs to look good. Any picking I do tomorrow will worsen the scab and red mark and eventually cause more acne. Leave me face alone tonight.. and then tomorrow night. Two nights of healing, maybe I can wake up monday feeling slightly satisfied.

I am doing the same thing too!!! I am happy to have found you!! Well, I thought about how people in like the 1800's must have used only water, and they probably had better skin than me!! I used warm water today (because I started today) and I put some Gentacin (it's like a bacteria killer that I got from over seas) and I used moisturizer afterwards. After washing my face I usualy get really RED and my skin looks very dry, but I didn't have that today and it looked all right. The thing is, I think you are right about producing more oil if you over wash you skin. Using harsh chemicals doesn't sound that appealing either. (rather if it's neutrogena or other stuff) Another thing that I noticed was, when my bf visited I wondered why my skin suddenly cleared up very fast! (he was here for like 10 days since we have a long distance relationship) at first I thought it was the increase of estrogen levels due to our daily ritual of showing our love, (if you know what I mean) but I also remembered that I didn't wash my face wish face wash for that time period since we went on a vacation and I forgot the face washes at home.

One advice is, seriously, don't prick. That is what I do it, and unless it's big and gross I dont' try to prick it out from the bottom. just an advice.

good luck! I'll be coming back to see what you have done, and I will also share what's going on with my bacterial culture in this medium called my face. yuck.