Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aimee_lou_uk

Building muscle on tane

I don't know the exact reasons why its so hard, but it is.

I was on a 6 month training program before tane and gained 12 pounds of muscle while dropping my body fat percentage 8-9 points.

Then i started tane in August, and have been working out the same, but my overall mass has went down and i'm back to my original weight of 180. I'm a 6'2 male btw.

So while my body fat percentage has stayed the same since starting tane, my overall muscle mass has gone down, and i just look leaner now. I can't wait to get off this medication (2.5 more weeks) so i can start putting on muscle again, naturally.

how old are u

well, sometimes you hit something called a plateau...could be nothing related to accutane. Try switching up your workout plan...you should be doing that probobly every 8 weeks, if not sooner...your body adjusts to a workout and sometimes wont grow since it is used to it...its good to confuse it. I am not sure if tane has a correlation since I never did lift hard when I was on it...My only advice would be eat like a dog, and try to change your workout routine.

What's your diet? Eat big to grow!! Eat oats, milk, peanut butter, cottage cheese, eggs, beef, chicken, etc. You should eat at least 5-8 meals a day with around 40g of protein in every meal. And drink a lot of water.

And as chaseryder said: You should maybe change your workout program. Maybe 5x5?

I've had no problems gaining.

Only possible way to gain muscle is like "Miha" said, eat a shitload.

Without a calorie surplus your muscles will not grow.

Try to get 1-2 g's of protein per lb of bodyweight spread out throughout the whole day.

Also get plenty of carbs and go hard at the gym and if you've been doing the same routine for a while, change it up, confuse your muscles.

Agree. And train hard (6-8 reps to gain mass, if you're beginner maybe you should consider 5x5 program) & get enough sleep (at least 7 hours a night).