Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kapeedmaro

BP has caused aging/wrinkles on me?

Really weird, my products just arrived yesterday:

PanOxyl Aquagel 5% (BP)

FOTE Aloe Vera 100% Gel

Sebamed Antibacterial cleaning foam.

I used each of these products 3 times, as it is the middle of the second day.

However, it seems as though my skin particular around my cheeks has gotten older when I smile... Maybe it's just because I'm paying much more attention to my face because of using the products... I'm 20 years old and have young looking skin usually, people say I look younger than my age.

Is it possible that it has mad my skin look old so quickly? Or is it just an illusion because of the tightening effect of using BP for the firs time...

Thank you for your thoughts.

I doubt the BP has had such an effect so soon after use, but irritation can cause similar looking problems. 2.5% BP is what is usually recommended so perhaps its your dosage level?

Having said that, I used to use panoxyl gel and it kind of veneered (sp?) my face and then washed off later in the day.

I used Panoxyl 2.5% before and noticed these wrinkles you are talking about. I had a bad reaction to the 2.5% however where my skin got burnt and went really red. Naturally i have since binned that product.

Thus, awe on the side of caution with Panoxyl ... because it can be pretty soul destroyin if th things i mentioned happens to u.

IMO i think you should limit the amount of BP you are using. Large amounts is not always necessary

thanks.

yeah I get spots on my cheeks, so it dries out a large area.

I think I'll have to get a new moisturiser, the aloe vera does not do a good job for that. I get white dry patches about 1 hour after applying.

Need a new moisturiser.... hmm...

thanks.

I think I'll have to get a new moisturiser, the aloe vera does not do a good job for that. I get white dry patches about 1 hour after applying.

Despite the claims against BP and aging faster, this was a big fear of mine and was one of the many reasons I stopped using it. I don't believe it can happen that quickly but you never know over time. I know Dan's face looks great and he's been using it for 20 years, but I think guys skin is tougher. Women have to worry about these things more.

thanks.

If you have dry patches and peeling i would recommend Eucerin "Dry Skin: Replenishing Face Cream 5% UREA" ... definitely the best moisturiser i have used to treat my dry skin.

1 week later and my extreme dryness has gone. I stopped using BP for about 5 days. Now I'm back on it using much less. Don't want to get mad dryness again ^^