Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smc0617

bras and acne

has anyone ever noticed that you tend to get acne on your back where your bra straps lie? this happens to me a lot. i like a bra with good support...that's the main thing i look for. i'm not into all the frilly dilly bras with lace and crap like that.

i need advice on bras girls. i don't like spending a lot of money on them. i can't justify spending 50 bucks on a bra so please don't suggest victoria secret or some high end boutique. i'm on a serious budget...i'm pretty broke.

so what would you say...i'm around a 34b-c? support with nothing frilly? how about bras that don't dig into your skin and cause acne?

it's not the brand or type of bra you're wearing. this has to do with the rubbing of the strap against your skin. just make sure to wash your bras frequently, and if you find certain brand bra straps do not irritate you as much as others, i would stick to those.

One summer I had to buy a cotton bra to wear when I was going to be outside a lot, as the usual synthetic material that most bras are made of was irritating my skin (heat+sweat+synthetic material = skin rash).

So I suggest looking for bras made of natural fibers which breathe, and also washing them frequently of course.

Try some of the discount stores in your area for (name-brand?) high-quality bras. Fortunately, you're a size that's pretty common, so I don't think it'd be difficult for you to get a $50 bra for $14.99.

has anyone ever noticed that you tend to get acne on your back where your bra straps lie?

If you're washing your bras as you should, then I think your problem might be 1) the synthetic fibers of your bras are not letting your skin breath, and thus the acne, 2) your bra strap is too tight.

yeah your probably right. i should invest in some new ones. maybe look into cotton instead of whatever i wear now. thank you.

has anyone ever noticed that you tend to get acne on your back where your bra straps lie? this happens to me a lot. i like a bra with good support...that's the main thing i look for. i'm not into all the frilly dilly bras with lace and crap like that.

i need advice on bras girls. i don't like spending a lot of money on them. i can't justify spending 50 bucks on a bra so please don't suggest victoria secret or some high end boutique. i'm on a serious budget...i'm pretty broke.

so what would you say...i'm around a 34b-c? support with nothing frilly? how about bras that don't dig into your skin and cause acne?

Well, the support is supposed to come from the band, not the straps. So don't think you need the wide straps or wear them tight. Make sure you are getting the right band size.

And there are many bras on clearance right now at Victoria's secret so you can get a bra that is usually $40 or so for $20. I recommend the wireless Ipex, although unfortunately, none of the basic colors I want are available on clearance. Others models are though. Look for the ones that are seamless and tagless.

the ones i want are NEVER on sale. i usually pick out the ones that are the most $$. can't buy them right now anyways because i'm broke, but thanks for the suggestions just the same.