Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey ppl, another depressing story.

Today i think i have reached rock bottom, i think my life is over. I have never really stoped myself from going out, but today i was going to go out with some mates, but i got up and done my daily dans regimen. Then i just looked in the mirror and said to myself " thats it i just cant go out, am so damn ugly", i have always felt ugly but never have i felt so bad about myself as today.

My face was getting a lot better but in the last two days its got worse dont know y, maybe its dan regimen or what?. But am just at the end with my face, my problem is mainly deep scars and red marks, but am getting some big spots of late.

Also its killing my whole life not just the social part, i cant get a girlfriend, its not like i dont know how to talk to them, its get am ulgy thats the problem. So am giving up with women. Also am get very angry of late arguing with my mother to the point where she is going to kick me out of the house and just getting my hair off with people. The other day i smashed the mirror in the bathroom by punching it because i looked so ulgy in it.

Plus am speading lots of money on products for my face. Also going to have laser treartment done sometime in the next two week (fraxel) and then some more over the next few weeks and months which is going to cost me a bomb. 3k or more. So i have to lend money off my dad and am only a student, so its going to cost me. BUT ITS MY ONLY HOPE LEFT IN THE WORLD.

Sorry for the rant, but i had to get all that off my chest.

Cheers for listening.

I think you need to grow up a little, punching mirrors, being negative and all that shit helps no one.

You're acne will go away in the end and in the meanwhile just stay positive

emotionally and socially acne has such a large impact on our lives. it's so hard to describe the pain one feels when you don't have the confidence to be yourself because of it. it's almost like it stops you from being the real you. i understand. i get it. i deal with it too.

when things get really difficult and your ready to lose it, just try to remember there are others who feel your pain. i read your post and immedietly could feel your emotions. there are days when i ask, "what the hell did i do to deserve this shit?" wouldn't life be so much more peaceful and enjoyable without having to deal with this acne?

i've beat myself up over it time and time again. envied people with clear skin, tried new regimens hoping to find the answer. spoke with professionals about my feelings and self confidence. it's very challenging to say the least.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that even though it's difficult for you to understand why you have to go through this, you have to get through it. it's the only way...do your friends judge you? parents? try to remind yourself that you are too important not to be happy. that acne isn't going to be who you really are. you are a remarkable person who deserves every bit of happiness life has to offer...you are a stronger person then you know.

stay well and remember you're too important not to find happiness. with or without acne. we're in this together.

OP, things sound pretty rough for you right now.

I know this is going to seem like I'm over-simplifying, but you have to find some way to stop the momentum of your negative thinking. It can get you in a pattern of thought that is just not healthy.

Find a point of alternate focus or distraction (a song, a picture, even a good memory, a bracelet, an object like a pen). When you begin to slip into the negative pattern, force yourself to stop and redirect your thinking to the alternate focal point. Concentrating on controlling your breathing. Take slow, deep breaths.

Also, if you get so frustrated and angry that you have to punch something, I'd strongly suggest punching your pillow. It really does help and will save your hand, the bathroom mirror and you mother's hard feelings. Win-win-win.

And - I know this is going to sound a little syrupy and I in no way intend to minimise the pain you are feeling, but I have met only a few truly ugly people over the years and none of them were ugly because of their appearance.

Hang in there!

I know it always looks worse in your eyes but looking through your pictures it really isn't the end of the world. The scars u have don't detract from your face at all I don't think.

I'm not too clued up about laser procedures but you should look into TCA peels for the scarring, it may help. I use it (a home kit) for red marks and I tried it on ice pick scars and it has the same effect, flattening the scars out that you wouldnt know they had been there.. these were pretty deep as well. It could be worth a shot.

I'm so sorry you feel so awful just now but you really aren't ugly! I'm saying that but I know myself it makes no difference. People tell me I'm not ugly but it doesn't change how I feel at all. I find when I'm at my lowest I don't want to go out or do anything and I know that how I feel effects the people I live with too and it's not pleasant for them. The only advice I can give you is don't let the way you feel stop you from doing the things you want to do. Sometimes all I want to do is wallow in my sadness, and that's ok. You're allowed to feel sorry for yourself, but let yourself have some fun and do the things that make you happy if you feel that you can. I have also found my acne is worse when I'm unhappy. When life is ok it's never as bad.

Hey ppl, another depressing story.

Today i think i have reached rock bottom, i think my life is over. I have never really stoped myself from going out, but today i was going to go out with some mates, but i got up and done my daily dans regimen. Then i just looked in the mirror and said to myself " thats it i just cant go out, am so damn ugly", i have always felt ugly but never have i felt so bad about myself as today.

Sorry for the rant, but i had to get all that off my chest.

Cheers for listening.

Man I'm in the same boat as you.. I don't exactly break mirrors, but sometimes I just look in the mirror and think "God.. you are so fucking ugly". And it's sad, it's sad that you or I or anyone looks in the mirror and can't get over how terrible they look. The past few weeks I've been avoiding going out because I'm starting to get really self-conscious over the fact that I have no gf, never had one.. 19 years old, no girls ever seem interested in me.. It just sucks. But feeling sorry for yourself never helps

Edit - Ok I just looked at your gallery. From one guy to another, you aren't bad looking at all. I know you think I'm just saying that to make you feel better or whatnot, but you're really not a bad looking guy. Your acne really doesn't even look that bad.. my face is very light skinned with very bright red acne and spots. I look a lot worse! You could have a gf easily, I've seen much worse looking guys than you with beautiful girlfriends, it's all in how you carry yourself.

I think you need to grow up a little, punching mirrors, being negative and all that shit helps no one.

You're acne will go away in the end and in the meanwhile just stay positive

hey...thinking about ya this am. i hope you got the chance to read my post. i hope you're feeling better. whenever you want to chat just tlet me know okay.

hey...thinking about ya this am. i hope you got the chance to read my post. i hope you're feeling better. whenever you want to chat just tlet me know okay.

You think you're at rock bottom huh? I've been at points in life where I had to jump to reach rock bottom! And life goes on, and you stay alive for your own sake if for nothing else. But I hope this all works out for you man, that sucks.