Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay4444

My doctor is incompetent - screwed up with Accutane

First of all, I go to the pharmacy to get it filled and he had written down "4 grams". I argued with the guy for 10 minutes and finally convinced him that he meant "40 mg" and he agreed to give it to me. Next, they call the iPledge thing and it turns out my derm hadnt plugged my numbers into the program. I couldnt get the accutane and he kept the precription slip.

First of all, I go to the pharmacy to get it filled and he had written down "4 grams". I argued with the guy for 10 minutes and finally convinced him that he meant "40 mg" and he agreed to give it to me. Next, they call the iPledge thing and it turns out my derm hadnt plugged my numbers into the program. I couldnt get the accutane and he kept the precription slip.

People make mistakes.

Interesting. My derm's prescription sheet is pre-printed with dosage amounts and she just circles the one that applies, to prevent screw ups like that. Why doctors still hand write prescriptions is beyond me (legal reasons, I'm sure).

As far as iPledge...I hear ya...that system is a nightmare. I'm on my second course of Accutane, my first was 7 years ago before iPledge. Almost every time I've had my prescription filled this course, I've run into an iPledge snag. But again, I think it's a result of our overactive legal system.

I love typewritten prescriptions. I HATE calling docs in the middle of the night for clarification of an order, but I have to and I most certainly am not guessing.