Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CitizenPanda

Time to put my money where my mouth is...

Update 3/18/08: New pictures are posted (use this link):

http://picasaweb.google.com/pandagalleries...key=JLqJE1i0tdY

Scars are leveling well and I'm very hopeful!

Update 2/23/08: 2 months post needling pictures posted.

The redness persists longer than I thought it would, makes it harder to show improvements, but they are definitely there!

Original post below:

It's Christmas Eve and I'm here to share with everyone pictures of improvements. I've always asked the negative posters here to show pictures (which they never do), so I'm going to start putting the money where my mouth is so to be speak and show you what 2 months of just topicals has done for my scarring.

Pictures! :

http://picasaweb.google.com/pandagalleries...key=goLlNODqjLY

These are pictures of my left cheek, which is the most heavily scarred. I haven't been taking pictures of my temples or my right regularly, so my left has pretty much always been my benchmark. The improvements are all over my face though, and I'm very optimistic about achieving a level where I would more than happy with my complexion.

I used: Tazorac at night for a month, GNC Vitamin C cream during the day, sometimes Vita-K Serum (when doing Microdermabrasions, once or twice a month). Also Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night cream (A copper Peptide product) maybe twice a week in place of Tazorac. I've also been taking about 500 mg Vitamin-C a day, but I haven't been diligent enough to remember to do it *everyday*.

Right now I'm days away from my needling appointment, and I've stopped Tazorac for about 3 weeks now. I'm hoping that needling is the catalyst to help level most of my boxcar and depressed scarring.

Merry Christmas all and have hope for the new year!

It's Christmas Eve and I'm here to share with everyone pictures of improvements. I've always asked the negative posters here to show pictures (which they never do), so I'm going to start putting the money where my mouth is so to be speak and show you what 2 months of just topicals has done for my scarring.

Pictures! :

http://picasaweb.google.com/pandagalleries...key=v_FyJFYX-C4

These are pictures of my left cheek, which is the most heavily scarred. I haven't been taking pictures of my temples or my right regularly, so my left has pretty much always been my benchmark. The improvements are all over my face though, and I'm very optimistic about achieving a level where I would more than happy with my complexion.

I used: Tazorac at night for a month, GNC Vitamin C cream during the day, sometimes Vita-K Serum (when doing Microdermabrasions, once or twice a month). Also Neutrogena Visibly Firm Night cream (A copper Peptide product) maybe twice a week in place of Tazorac. I've also been taking about 500 mg Vitamin-C a day, but I haven't been diligent enough to remember to do it *everyday*.

Right now I'm days away from my needling appointment, and I've stopped Tazorac for about 3 weeks now. I'm hoping that needling is the catalyst to help level most of my boxcar and depressed scarring.

Merry Christmas all and have hope for the new year!

I definately see a difference in regards to hyperpigmentation. It certainly has improved the appearance of your scarring as redness always makes it look worse.

Merry Christmas

I have the same observation as Tom Mason and agree with him. Stronger retinoids might help more?

Happy Holidays!

I see a real positive change and it hasn't been that long that you have been doing treatments!

Very nice ;)

you're looking good man:)

It's nice too that your scars are located on the same spot, mine are everywhere grrr

ow I read this cheek is only your "benchmark". But if this is the worst, than the rest will be ok:)

Lovely improvement! Your scarring wasn't horrible to begin with, but you've made such significant improvements it's wonderful! :)

How painfull was the needling citizenpanda? i have an appointment for needling in 6 weeks in leamington spa, i can't wait to have it done, but i'm scred of how painfull it might be, lol. How does your skin look immediately after the needling and what did you apply after having it done. I have a lot of faith in needling, so fingers crossed!!!

How painfull was the needling citizenpanda? i have an appointment for needling in 6 weeks in leamington spa, i can't wait to have it done, but i'm scred of how painfull it might be, lol. How does your skin look immediately after the needling and what did you apply after having it done. I have a lot of faith in needling, so fingers crossed!!!

Quick update:

It's been 2 weeks post needling:

Still some redness, hasn't completely returned to pre-needling skin tone. I'm guessing it'll take another 2 weeks to completely go back.

Improvements! I can already see some areas that are immediately and noticeably improved. One scar on my forehead has raised significantly and some rolling scars on my temples have also improved in level. THat said, there are minimal cheek improvements, and vary scar to scar... some 0%, some up to I would say 25%. It's hard to tell for sure, but on a very immediate impression, I would say the overall cheek improvement stands at 10% at this point.

This is only 2 weeks post, I'm hoping by 3 months, I'll be seeing some impressive results!

hey citizen,

I'm following this thread since it started and I'm really hoping that this threatment is going to help you a lot. Especially cause you're are one of few who dare to post pics with before and after shots. Also I like your positive attitude very much.

I'm of the same age as you are, so hopefully our skin is powerful enough to heal itself alot:)

I'm now studying for my exams next week. After that I'm going to do the exact same thing as you do...trying it with topicals. You inspirated me...tnx for that

Wish you best,

Tim

ive been using the GNC vitamin c cream and all of a sudden i had a huge allergic reaction..bumps everywhere, bright red, itchy and puffy, it looks gross. i'm really dissapointed because i had high hopes for this product, i guess every face reacts differently!

2 months post needling update pictures have been posted. The improvements are harder to tell because the redness is pervasive, but they are there and tangible in person.

I'm hoping by 3 months my skin tone will be back to normal, I can start Tazorac again (maybe I will get Retin-A instead). I will give it a total of 6 months on topicals (alternating between CP, Vitamin-C, Retinoid, will also try ACV once or twice a week) before I do anything else major like TCA or Fraxel.

Wow, i dont see much hyperpigmentation comparing to mine.

Mine was bloody red/brown for few weeks. I only needled 3 scars and they were noticeable, imagine if i would had my whole cheek (same size as yours) done by Frank.

Maybe your pre op products had something to do with it.

Can your skin handle Tazorac/Retin with Vitamin C?

Mine skin doesnt, actually many people cant handle retin a with anything else. Maybe any form of Vitamin A is just not suitable for my skin because i experimented with retinol cream(2% otc) and still couldnt handle a 2% measly AHA.

Well, i am very impressed, definately your routine had something to do for avoiding pigmentation. Unfortunately, my success was fairly short after 3month i had like a 10% improvement. I am planning a second round

Keep us posted

Wow, i dont see much hyperpigmentation comparing to mine.

Mine was bloody red/brown for few weeks. I only needled 3 scars and they were noticeable, imagine if i would had my whole cheek (same size as yours) done by Frank.

Maybe your pre op products had something to do with it.

Can your skin handle Tazorac/Retin with Vitamin C?

Mine skin doesnt, actually many people cant handle retin a with anything else. Maybe any form of Vitamin A is just not suitable for my skin because i experimented with retinol cream(2% otc) and still couldnt handle a 2% measly AHA.

Well, i am very impressed, definately your routine had something to do for avoiding pigmentation. Unfortunately, my success was fairly short after 3month i had like a 10% improvement. I am planning a second round

Keep us posted