Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
For the record, I'm not fifteen. I'm not sure where that number is coming from.

And if you think I haven't endured "horrible depression" whereas you have, then let me tell you that for three years my skin oozed. It throbbed. I had cysts on my neck and jaw line, whiteheads abounded on my forehead, my cheeks were scarred pits. I can remember so vividly the faint, almost hissing sound of a cyst releasing, and the dark red blood that would gush in a thick trail down my jaw and neck, and the worm of pus which would erupt. Does that qualify my skin as having been sufficiently repulsive to merit a bit of melodrama now and then? The improvement to the condition of my skin has been recent, and so I hope you'll pardon me for continuing to be insecure about my appearance. Long habit is hard to shake.

Guess what time it is? It's time for another round of "THE PURPOSE OF THE EMO FORUM!" update!!!

This is the "emotional and psycological affects of acne" forum, where we encourage members to talk about the feelings that acne gives them. Often times these can be feelings of sadness, of bitterness, of anger and even depression. While these feelings can be uncomfertable to read about, we at Acne.org recognize the value of the good old fashion vent and understand that a good way to let people know they aren't alone in thier struggles is to share the very struggles we personally are going through.

In other words: If you are going to bash, mock, tease, belittle, or otherwise demean a poster for utilizing this forum for exactly what it was designed for, you will find yourself unable to bash, mock, tease, belittle, or demean anyone on this entire site at all.

Thank you and have a good day.

(ps - to the supportive folks who replied to this thread, THANK YOU! YOU are what keeps this site shining as an acne support site!)

I should clarify: I did not intend melodrama. I wrote as purely and truly as I could, achieving a lot more writing-wise than I had in a long while, and did melodrama emerge? Yes. American literature, from Poe to King, has a fine tradition of melodrama of which I am honored to be part.

This morning, I wrote 1500 words of fiction and didn't hit a dead-end, which left me ecstatic. And today my skin looked good.

Hi Cav,

You story seems close to me as a recent friend commited suicide based around how unattractive he felt regarding his acne. It's so horrific how something so normal and natural that being acne pushes people to that limit of which there is no return, death. Reading your writing makes me appreciate life, as much as people may think you are unstable (even if you do 'cut' yourself etc) i'm sure you have the will power and intelligence to go so far in life. You're really talented and you're beautiful both physically and mentally, acne is the EASIEST disease to treat and in the future i have no doubt your skin will be perfect even WITHOUT makeup. I can't say i totally understand why you are so down when your not even ugly, even with the acne and scars you still have. I would say ditch being emo, even though the makeup and the black shields much of your acne, the persona of being an emo just makes people more unstable and sad especially in your situation when you have already so willingly broken you own bones in anger. YOUR ARE NOT UGLY, nor are you not talented, nor are you socially lacked. Pick up the courage to remove that mask and unveil the real you. People are attracted to confidence and your personality more then looks, and i know this as alot of my friends are lacking in the good looking factor and are more unappealing then you. Yet they still get girlfriends and a really good life. Appearance isn't everything, although in todays society it is more then ever before.

It is not the end, i will be looking out for your books i'm that confident you'll be able to succeed in both you personal life and in your career.

Stay sane, stay positive and just believe in yourself.

Also i really urge you ditch the whole emo persona as it blatent it's just making you more mentally unstable.

Well that's my two cents.

Alex

Thank you. My words cannot convey how much your post means to me. I've stopped bothering with make-up aside from concealer, but I do like the way black hair looks on me, so I will probably maintain that. I love having a dramatic appearance. ^_^

I feel proactive and ambitious again. Writing as a discipline will never be easy, or the path of least resistance, but it is worth whatever I have to do to pursue it and become successful at it. I've been tossing around ideas for taking some of my older works and promulgating them in unconventional ways, to begin winning myself a following to increase my chances of a successful first novel when I finally break into this industry.

Writing fiction is all about letting go of the conscious mind, which is so hard for me ... but also so essential.

Hi Cav,

You story seems close to me as a recent friend commited suicide based around how unattractive he felt regarding his acne. It's so horrific how something so normal and natural that being acne pushes people to that limit of which there is no return, death. Reading your writing makes me appreciate life, as much as people may think you are unstable (even if you do 'cut' yourself etc) i'm sure you have the will power and intelligence to go so far in life. You're really talented and you're beautiful both physically and mentally, acne is the EASIEST disease to treat and in the future i have no doubt your skin will be perfect even WITHOUT makeup. I can't say i totally understand why you are so down when your not even ugly, even with the acne and scars you still have. I would say ditch being emo, even though the makeup and the black shields your acne the persona of being an emo just makes people more unstable and sad especially in your situation when you have already so willingly broken you own bones in anger. YOUR ARE NOT UGLY, nor are you not talented, nor are you socially lacked. Pick up the courage to remove that mask and unveil the real you. People are attracted to confidence and your personality more then looks, and i know this as alot of my friends are lacking in the good looking factor and are more unappealing then you. Yet there still get girlfriends and a really good life. Appearance isn't everything, although in todays society it is more then ever before.

It is not the end, i will be looking out for your books i'm that confident you'll be able to succeed in both you personal life and in your career.

Stay sane, stay positive and just believe in yourself.

Also i really urge you ditch the whole emo persona as it blatent it's just making you more mentally unstable.

Well that's my two cents.

Alex

For the record, I'm not fifteen. I'm not sure where that number is coming from.

And if you think I haven't endured "horrible depression" whereas you have, then let me tell you that for three years my skin oozed. It throbbed. I had cysts on my neck and jaw line, whiteheads abounded on my forehead, my cheeks were scarred pits. I can remember so vividly the faint, almost hissing sound of a cyst releasing, and the dark red blood that would gush in a thick trail down my jaw and neck, and the worm of pus which would erupt. Does that qualify my skin as having been sufficiently repulsive to merit a bit of melodrama now and then? The improvement to the condition of my skin has been recent, and so I hope you'll pardon me for continuing to be insecure about my appearance. Long habit is hard to shake.

I'm writing a novel. It's a sequel to the best selling science fiction book of all time, the bible. In it, the protagonist, Jesus and the amy of zombies he resurrects, will take on the demons who are running amok on earth in an epic smackdown that will make me millions at the box office when I turn it into a motion picture.

I'm writing a novel. It's a sequel to the best selling science fiction book of all time, the bible. In it, the protagonist, Jesus and the amy of zombies he resurrects, will take on the demons who are running amok on earth in an epic smackdown that will make me millions at the box office when I turn it into a motion picture.

wow, i'm not so great with the whole offering advice thing, but I can tell you have a talent for writing :) I hope you do decide to take it further, or at least pursue your dreams of being a musician, because both would be good ways to put your talents to use (write your own music/lyrics).

Your right. I think the initial post just got on my nerves more than anything, its not my place to say what you want to write about Cav but dragging out and dramatising something just for attention when people (myself included) have gone through horrible depressions because of acne annoys me. I didn't know you were 15 either so maybe I should of paid more attention to your post but it was hard to wade through all that 'emotion'.

I never went through anything like this when I was 15 though I must say. I'm pretty sure my younger sister is an 'emo' though so there must be something to it.

Lit, should I redirect you to the post I made earlier?

In other words - simply because someone writes in a manner that is poetic doesn't give you the right to insult them. Who, you ask, writes like that? HE does, obviously. Your question is rhetorical, useless, and only meant to ridicule.

Yes, this IS a support forum. And you are doing exactly the oppisiste of it, so if action needs to be taken for someone not being supportive, you will be further up on my list of priorities than anyone who is found writing "melodrama."

In other words - simply because someone writes in a manner that is poetic doesn't give you the right to insult them. Who, you ask, writes like that? HE does, obviously. Your question is rhetorical, useless, and only meant to ridicule.

Yes, this IS a support forum. And you are doing exactly the oppisiste of it, so if action needs to be taken for someone not being supportive, you will be further up on my list of priorities than anyone who is found writing "melodrama."

I was not insulting him, i simply stated my belief that the way in which this article was written is designed to attract attention; i can see how my post can be seen as offensive however, and this is not the purpose of my post.

Nonetheless, this is a support forum, not a debate and so i apologise.

MJ has broken me out, and badly. The worst is a patch on the right side of my neck and face which erupted last night while I was sleeping. I need to be clear enough to face the public by Thursday afternoon; I'm going to a concert. In the meantime I can be a hermit; small miracles do occur!

So, here’s the plan:

• Lots of aspirin (to fight inflammation)
  • Megadoses of B5 (my secret weapon, to empower the skin to heal itself)
  • Strict use of cold water to wash the skin (again, to fight inflammation)
  • Fasting (to avoid any new break-outs, aside from those which may already be coming my way thanks to irritation, the self-destructive picking in which I indulged today, the pot, whatever other causes fuel this vicious disease…)
  • Eucerin, Aqua Glycolic, and salicylic acid (my trinity of topicals)
  • Most importantly … plenty of concealing make-up at the ready!

This is quite stressful, but it also gives me something to strive for, and occupies my mind. Which, God help me, is an improvement.

Lest I be accused of exaggeration or melodrama ... my response is, "I wish!" I've attached a photo taken a few minutes ago ...

Pardon my sudden rage, but: tell me now that I'm melodramatic and overreacting and ignorant, assholes!

post-48102-1198557904_thumb.jpg

post-48102-1198557904_thumb.jpg