bp and minocycline ...

Notifications
Clear all

bp and minocycline treatment

MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 12/18/2007 7:16 am

i'm currently on a bp treatment and taking minocycline 100mgs 2x a day. i'm 29 years old and have tried everything for my acne including prescritptions, topicals, otc...

would like to know if anyone is using a bp treatment of any kind along with an antibiotic. if so, how is it going?

MemberMember
(@sweetheart519)

Posted : 12/18/2007 4:48 pm

Yes, there was BP in the Benzamycin I used along with the oral antibiotic. BP will just provide additional bacterial control.

MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 12/19/2007 4:02 pm

Yes, there was BP in the Benzamycin I used along with the oral antibiotic. BP will just provide additional bacterial control.
MemberMember
(@smc0617)

Posted : 01/14/2008 10:21 am

anyone? mino and bp treatments/regimens? thoughts?

MemberMember
(@bassis)

Posted : 01/15/2008 12:23 pm

anyone? mino and bp treatments/regimens? thoughts?
MemberMember
(@thechangingman)

Posted : 01/15/2008 2:02 pm

Thats a good while to be on an antibiotic BASSIS! Shame it stopped working for you, thats what sucks about antibiotic treatments I guess.

I'm on mino and using BP twice a day. Working pretty well, breakouts getting less and less but I'm also at the end of a 3 month stretch. Wonder whether to re-new the prescription, might be on it for the rest of my life!

MemberMember
(@australian_overanalyser)

Posted : 01/16/2008 2:35 pm

hi everyone, i'm new here. i'm 26 and had perfect skin as a teenager :-( but for about 4 years it's been hard to deal with. i've been on the antibiotics you mention - and to be honest, nothing but the contraceptive pill helped me.

i've heard mino is also very hard on your liver, so you should have liver function checked regularly. the main thing that turned me off - besides ineffectiveness - was that it can cause your teeth to yellow!

i have a few small pimples right now, nothing major, but my biggest issue is with the many red marks i am left with for months and months once every blemish is healed. i've spent so much on

product but i'm going to try the baking soda and apple cider vinegar thing rec'd on here.

MemberMember
(@2old4zits)

Posted : 01/19/2008 3:38 am

I've just started taking Mino and using BP almost three weeks ago so I think it's a little early to see real results. I'm also using retin-a at night. The only thing that I've noticed so far from the mino is that at first it made me soooooo sick to my stomach and really dizzy that I thought I'd have to stop taking it. I thought about it a bit and desided that I could tough it out and see if the side effects went away, and they did. I'm hoping to see some real results in the next month. I've got nothing but time and am not expecting to see anything tomorrow. I keep crossing my fingers and hope that it will work for me!

MemberMember
(@brownitsdown23)

Posted : 03/18/2013 10:06 pm

I finally caved and went to a dermatologist after fighting with moderate acne for 2 years. I felt like I had tried every product and combination of products you could buy over the counter and nothing worked. My derm told me to use a low % benzoyl peroxide wash in the morning, and a gentle cleanser with differin gel .1% at night, along with minocycline 100mg twice a day. He wanted to put me right on Accutane, but im not interested in going through all that.

Well, I had tried BP washes and creams in the past and NONE helped, in fact they always made my acne worse, and gave me a sort of different kind of pimples. They were deep, small, but really painful and popped up out of nowhere throughout the day. I decided that since it was what the doctor ordered I would try it again anyway and I picked up a tube of 3.5% BP facewash by neutrogena. And, as expected by day 2 my face was horribly, and painfully broken out. I then stopped using the BP wash and just use noxzema anti bacterial lathering cleaner (which I love the most out of all other facial cleansers I have tried). The crazy BP pimples are going away and I have no intention of trying the facewash again. I now wash my face twice a day with the noxzema, and at night put on the differin gel. I have not seen much improvement yet, but its only been a few days, and my face is still clearing up from the benzoyl peroxide.

Also, the mino has been making me feel nauseous, and I threw up this morning. Im hoping that goes away soon. :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/23/2013 4:20 pm

I've been on BP and minocyclin too with Retin-A. I've used the pills for about 6 months then i started growing chin hair so i stopped and my acne came back my face was finally clear. The only times i've ever in my life had clear skin was from being born to age 10 every year after that acne I'm 20 now but those 4ish months of having basically clear skin was awesome. I dont know if the pills caused the chin hair but i don't want a beard so i had to stop taking them going to see my doc soon to see what he has to say and then hopefully an actual derm to treat my acne.

MemberMember
(@reachingmydreams)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:15 am

Hello, 2old4zits, I see that your post was 5 years ago, and it's in vain that I write this because I feel as though you're not keeping up with this account as it has been so long but how did things end up turning out for you? I'm only on retin-a and mino, but I also feel super sick and dizzy. I'm totally relating to everything you said, so, is there any hope?

I've just started taking Mino and using BP almost three weeks ago so I think it's a little early to see real results. I'm also using retin-a at night. The only thing that I've noticed so far from the mino is that at first it made me soooooo sick to my stomach and really dizzy that I thought I'd have to stop taking it. I thought about it a bit and desided that I could tough it out and see if the side effects went away, and they did. I'm hoping to see some real results in the next month. I've got nothing but time and am not expecting to see anything tomorrow. I keep crossing my fingers and hope that it will work for me!