Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lennybird

Pillows...

So,

I went to bed last night, and was laying on my side thinking about school and random things (my moment of peace where I can think clearly without being interrupted heh), when it dawned on me that where I was getting bad acne was where my face had rubbed up against my pillow the most. It was a "eureka!" moment.

I knew for a while that there was the rumor that an unwashed pillow was bad for your acne (old, bacteria infested oils transferring to skin, e.t.c..) but I never noticed a real difference when I could wash my pillow every or every other day (I can't now, no washer or dryer =[ ). I never thought of the friction being an issue, and of course it makes sense.

So, do any of you recommend any pillows that are very soft, delicate, soothing to the face? I've been covering my pillow with a very soft 100% Polyester blanket in the meantime, which suffices.

Thanks,

-Jake

i put a hand towel over my pillow and change it at least 3 times a week. i did this even before i started to getting acne, but i do notice that my bad side is where i put my face against it the most.

Yeah, but I don't think the issue is with the oils residing on the pillow case, so a towel or changing the pillows doesn't really help with hypothesis. I'm thinking it's the friction between your face and the pillow, that's the problem. Think blisters, only worse.

I tried changing pillow cases often, but it really did nothing.

i put a hand towel over my pillow and change it at least 3 times a week. i did this even before i started to getting acne, but i do notice that my bad side is where i put my face against it the most.

Oooh, if it's the friction you must get some real bad blisters on yo ass from sitting down :think: