Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

I cant effectively get rid of my scars, what am i doing wrong? can you please advice me?

I see pictures on websites, and depressed scars on people just magically dissapear!!! Or at most, leave a slight trace that i dont mind. Problem is mine doesnt seem to improve( i have mainly wide depressed scarring, and scarred pores, fine lines...

i started to develop severe cystic acne and rosecea at around mid april and it lasted for 4 months before it finally subside...then i saw the scars..these are my treatments

md laser 3 times

hylaluronic acid filler 1 time

needling 1 time

plasmalite 1 time( recently )

Im sorry i dont have a pic of my scarring cuz i only have a handphone camera which wouldnt show the scars well.but ive desrcibed my scarring so you should get an idea already. The derm asked me to continue plasmatlite for 4 more times a total package of 1500, 3 weeks in btw treatments to help imrpove my scarring...im nt sure whether it will improve much...advice?

Are you saying you have rolling scars or box cars? Enlarged pores or icepicks?

Anyway, I really do think we need to start a sticky to emphasize that:

- It takes time, don't expect miracles within months.

- It takes dedication. If your doing nothing for your skin except just washing daily and going to your once a month laser treatment, your losing precious time.

So the question is, are you using a retinoid, a Vitamin-C cream, Copper peptides? Maybe you should try a good dermaroller. Needling 1 time should have helped a lot. Are you sure you did needling (Someone took a tattoo gun and tattooed your scars sans ink) or something else?

Are you saying you have rolling scars or box cars? Enlarged pores or icepicks?

Anyway, I really do think we need to start a sticky to emphasize that:

- It takes time, don't expect miracles within months.

- It takes dedication. If your doing nothing for your skin except just washing daily and going to your once a month laser treatment, your losing precious time.

So the question is, are you using a retinoid, a Vitamin-C cream, Copper peptides? Maybe you should try a good dermaroller. Needling 1 time should have helped a lot. Are you sure you did needling (Someone took a tattoo gun and tattooed your scars sans ink) or something else?

The pictures you see on websites where peoples scars dissapear has alot to do with photoshop and lighting.

I also think your expecting way too much! Some people who have been on this board for years still haven't effectively dealt with their scarring and would be over the moon with 50% improvement.

yes thank you for your concern, you have been of much help with your knowledgable posts...I have boxcars, icepicks and depressed scars that are wide( form shapes )...Im currently taking zinc and vitamin supplements and also applying vitamin c and e cream... and the needling was done with a roller, does it make a diference? Cause im my area there doesnt seem to be any practitioner using tattoo guns so i just settled for the roller...

i needled once and saw improvement... i don't know if it was from the smoothbeam that i had a few weeks prior though (im trying to figure out what its from so i can just continue with that; i hope its the needling). oh, i am also using "Apeel Correct" which is highly concentrated vitamin A. I must say though that one of my scars is gone, one is borderline gone, one is going, a pore-ish area has improved, and there are two left that i am most concerned about. one i am considering subscision, but i think i will continue with needling through January to see if i really need it.

Needling 1 time should have helped a lot.

Needling has done absolutely NOTHING for my scars. This was after three sessions of subscision as well. Total results- none.

From what I read, it sounds like your acne didn't clear up until September. Therefore, it's only been 3 months. Give it more time! I didn't see noticeable improvement in my scars until 5 or 6 months. It can take up to a year, or sometimes longer, for scars to remodel themselves. I would encourage you to wait a while before doing something drastic.

Did you combined needling with saline injections.. Remember you need to break up the scar tissue, if is too thick then try combining with other methods. I dont understand how subsiccion didnt help. You probably didnt follow an after care routine such as Shyanna. Otherwise something is wrong with you.

Did you combined needling with saline injections.. Remember you need to break up the scar tissue, if is too thick then try combining with other methods. I dont understand how subsiccion didnt help. You probably didnt follow an after care routine such as Shyanna. Otherwise something is wrong with you.

Yes, I have done saline injections, needling, and subscision and combined it with the aftercare regimen. No results whatsoever--in fact, my scars appear to be sinking deeper all of the time.

I am very close to just completely giving up. Things that work for other people do nothing for me! I have been trying to remove scars for 8 years and have gotten nowhere.

Reducing scars is, by far, the most difficult thing that I have ever attempted to do. This is the only thing that I have worked on day after day for years and have seen nothing come of my efforts. It is the epitome of frustration.

The fact that these scars destroy my life every day and the realization that I can do nothing about them has put me in total despair. What could be more hopeless?

just wondering how your diet and health is in general - perhaps it's possible that things aren't improving for nutritional reasons? Just a thought, but if you think of the scarring reduction methods which you have tried as controlled wound repair then your body will need to have good nutrients to do that properly. Maybe you could see a naturopath to find what you need to help with wound repair.

Yes, I have done saline injections, needling, and subscision and combined it with the aftercare regimen. No results whatsoever--in fact, my scars appear to be sinking deeper all of the time.

I am very close to just completely giving up. Things that work for other people do nothing for me! I have been trying to remove scars for 8 years and have gotten nowhere.

Reducing scars is, by far, the most difficult thing that I have ever attempted to do. This is the only thing that I have worked on day after day for years and have seen nothing come of my efforts. It is the epitome of frustration.

The needling was done with hand tools by a professional. I have been planning on going back for some more, but my skin is very dry and irritated in the winter, so its not the best time to go.

Topicals right now- Dispel enzyme exfoliation gel (papain enzyme gel) and copper peptide serum. Also essential oils- lavender and geranium with sesame oil as a carrier.

My scars are definitely degrading with time. some scars that started out as small little holes have grown into deep and broad sunken areas of skin.

You are lucky that you have seen some improvement already. I would give anything to find something that would remodel my scars (permanently)

Ok, this isn't popular, but I've had some nice results using saline injections at home. (sorry, no pics)

Information on it can be found fairly easily using the boards search function.

Good luck!