Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, my body acne has been improving since I started using sulfur and the BHA. I have a couple pimples right now...there's one in particular on the back of my neck that's painful. My overall body skin is improving.

My forehead is breaking out a bit more (no doubt because of the Retin-A). I don't think I'm using Mandelic Acid enough.

Don't you just hate that acne can be caused by so many factors? Diet, cosmetics, irritation, hormones...If it's hormonal, topical treatments can keep it at bay but doesn't take care of what I call "internal dirt" androgens that plug our overactive sebaceous glands. Although, that Mandelic Acid seems to be able to help prevent hormonal acne from the outside since it constantly renews the skin. Bp and other oil drying agents could help but can be painful for us who are allergic or just don't like how it overdries our skin.

I'm happy Mandelic Acid is helping you. I think your bacne isn't clearing up the way your face is because of the androgens. Just a thought. And I agree, it would cost a lot of money if you use the Mandelic Acid on your back. I just ordered the Nucelle Mandelic Acid 10%. It's in back order and I should be getting it in three weeks. But it's probably a good idea that I didn't start it now anyway since I have cystic acne. I've been prescribed birth control pills and Bactrim.

Anyway, I hope you clear up and stay cleared soon. I thought about doing the sulfur soap but decided not to since I think sticking to a gentler cleanser and using one medication (Mandelic Acid) will do the trick. Plus a moisturizer with spf 15 would be beneficial outside. I heard there's an initial breakout from the Mandelic Acid. Did you experience or are you experiencing this? Did you use the Mandelic Acid twice a day everyday starting out?

Yes, I hate that acne is caused by so many factors! This is why treatments are either hit or miss.

I didn't get a breakout from Mandelic Acid. I've never gotten a breakout from the MA. I used it twice a day and it's absolutely non-irritating.

My face is getting better. No new acne.

My body acne is getting a lot worse. Nothing I do seems to be helping. I've been really depressed about it recently. I'm just going to tough it out for 2 more weeks. I'm sure something will happen by the 1-month mark.

Well I didn't want to post until I hit the one-month mark but it looks like I'm out of BHA. And lucky me, it's been out of stock for the past 2 weeks! I don't really believe this, does it take this long to produce the product? I think they're trying to push their AHA version that isn't selling as much as the BHA.

My breakouts have reduced considerably but I am still not clear. I just applied Aloe Vera today and already it made a big difference. It takes forever to put on though. I get it straight from the plants around my house.

My forehead is breaking out a lot! Retin-A is really making me break out. The 2x a day Mandelic Acid is not enough to prevent acne but I'm just going to wait until the initial breakout subsides.

I also bought some fish oil today...

Aww, sorry to hear about your back. I'm sure you'll find something. Maybe try looking for a mandelic acid body wash? *wonders if that exists*

It does!! I use Vivant's Mandelic Cleanser for body folliculitis. It can also be used for body acne and SD as well. Its great - not too drying, has skin soothing ingredients in it. It can be use on the body or the face or as a dandruff shampoo. Betterhealtyskin.com carries it. If you are ever interested in trying it, Laura also carries it at the clinic.

Okay, I just ordered the AHA body lotion from Paula's Choice. Who knows - maybe it'll work better than BHA.

Aloe Vera is really helping, my skin looks a lot better just from using it a few times. More pimples are popping up because the amount of BHA I use is almost nothing.

Okay, so today I got my AHA in the mail. Wow, only two days. I turned it upside-down because I remember I could not get anything out of the BHA bottle when I first got it.

My neck is breaking out a lot. I've decided to just use Mandelic Acid and my facial cleanser on it instead of my body regimen.

I'm not adding much, but I just thought I had to say that the AHA version is so much better formulated than the BHA one. The AHA is creamy and spreads easily. The BHA smells and is thick and heavy, not to mention when the crystallized form it takes when it dries. I'm really excited!

Looks like the AHA lotion + Sulfur soap is working on my body acne. I still get spots here and there though, but my acne is greatly reducing. My red marks are also fading, but I fear it's not going away fast enough.

The acne on my neck is extremely stubborn. Mandelic Acid doesn't seem to have any effect on it, so I'll be using AHA on it and see how that goes.

Not much change on my face.

Looks like the AHA lotion + Sulfur soap is working on my body acne. I still get spots here and there though, but my acne is greatly reducing. My red marks are also fading, but I fear it's not going away fast enough.

That's good news! :)

I forgot to add on Thursday night (03/27/08), I started using Retin-A all over my face, instead of just the forehead. My face is pretty clear, so now my focus is on my body acne.

The AHA lotion is working, my skin is improving a lot. I've got to say, the BHA lotion by Paula's Choice sucks in comparison to the AHA version! They're not even comparable, the BHA version is just terrible. I've also been using a facial brush to scrub the body acne areas in the shower. Of course this is very irritating, but I think it's speeding up the skin clearing.

Well as I posted in the body acne forum, my body acne is gone! I'm so thrilled, after 3 long years! I need to focus on the red marks though. More details are here.

I'm thinking of using a product with 2% Hydroquinone in order to fade it faster but I don't know...bleaching skin could go wrong very easily.

Ok, it looks like I have some tiny red bumps on my chest. I think it might be a fungal infection. I'm doing an additional layer of Mandelic Acid on top of the Glycolic Acid on my chest now.

My neck acne looks to be clearing up...

I'm still considering whether I should get some Hydroquinone.

Today, I bought 2 tubes of Ambi Fade Cream! What a bargain, only $5 for 2 oz. I'm going to be using this on my body acne red marks at night. I'm going to be using AHA only in the morning now.

Why are you concerned about hydroquinone? I don't know much about it, so please tell me if there's anything I need to be careful about.

Hydroquinone has been banned in many countries because of it was carcinogenic in rats. Even though the cancer link hasn't been confirmed in humans yet, I would personally chose to avoid products containing hydroquinone, especially since it can have other adverse effects even with short-term use (these cases are rare, though). You can google "hydroquinone dangers" and get a lot of information on the subject.

That's really scary news about Hydroquinone. I don't want to seem like I'm pushing aside safety for the sake of my beauty, but I plan to continue using it for now.

My scars are continuing to fade. My acne is coming back though, no doubt due to using Ambi Fade Cream. I'm going to keep using it for now though. I'm hoping it is just an initial breakout.

Also, in the middle of the day, I'm applying Mandelic Acid to my acne spots as a sort of spot treatment.

It looks like the breakouts have ceased. I think it's because I stopped using the sulfur soap. Now I'm using no soap or cleanser at all on my body, just water. It's actually making my skin a lot more hydrated. My vacation is in a week and it looks like these blemishes will keep me out of the water.

I've been showering in my new bathroom this weekend. I didn't have my usual soap and such and still, no breakouts on my body. I've been using Dove Deep Moisture body wash. I think it may be the water. The pipes are all new and everything in the new bathroom...

But man, my skin looks horrible in the new bathroom. I think that's because it's properly lit.

My skin is still not breaking out much even though I use regular body wash. I don't think I'll have good skin by the end of this month. Realistically, it'll probably take 3 more months to achieve good skin.

I'm just hoping it's sooner. I'm still looking for other treatments.