Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paddehj

Not sure if this is severe or what, Id like some help.

Right, I've been to see a dermatolagist, he put me on a regime of one minocycline tablet a day and quinoderm once in the morning and once at night, it did fuck all but make my skin really dry and red which frustrated me. Im now cleansing my face instead and applying a tiny bit of sudocream, but no matter which product I use my skin gets SO dry its unbelieveable, and touching it makes it red, even if I dont scratch at it or anything, its ridiculously sensitive and my skin is really taking its toll on my confidence. I used to be so confident with everything and now my skin has kinda dried that right up.

Ive put some pics on. If anyone could suggest something for my skin which wont irritate it massively it would be much apreciated! I only tend to get acne around the nose, chin and mouth, occasionally on the forehead aswell but its not noticeable fourtunately for me. Also I have a cyst on the left side of my nose that has been there for well over 6 months, it has litteraly not decreased in size once during that time but luckily a few dabs of concealer means you cant notice it, but I would love not to have to do this. Thanks.

Thanks! Paddy <3

post-66287-1196864947_thumb.jpg

post-66287-1196865646_thumb.jpg

post-66287-1196864947_thumb.jpg

post-66287-1196865646_thumb.jpg

Can you talk to your derm about this? Your acne look inflamed (so I'd say your acne is moderate), so you need something to kill P. acnes and take down the inflammation. Minocycline does that, but obviously it's not enough. (I don't know what quinoderm is.) BP and antibiotics are, generally, the things you can use to kill P. acnes and cut the inflammation. If you want to try something yourself from the drugstore, I'd recommend 2.5% BP (Like Neutrogena's On-the-Spot treatment or Dan's BP). BP's efficacy is not dose-dependent, so it will work as well as 10% without the irritation. Things that exfoliate, like salicyclic acid, glycolic acid, and lactic acid, will clear away dead skin cells, which might help, but the bacteria will still be a problem.

I have really sensitive skin, too. When I use a med that is irritating to me (like Duac--benzoyl peroxide plus clindamycin topical), I put jojoba oil underneath it. I think it works just as well (but can't prove it). Also, when part of your face is really raw you can try putting some Vaseline over it. It takes the pain down a notch. So do pain killers and ice. Aloe added to moisturizer (or jojoba oil) or layered with moisturizer can cool everything off, too.

i've tried rubbing apple cider vinegar on my face before I sleep and I found that it works pretty damn good. I found it via: www.earthclinic.com

The smell reminds me of someone puking for some reason - but if you can stand the smell you might as well try it.

i agree with blink18222 it's only like 3 pimples.. + the rest of your skin actually has the SAME color unlike some other people whos skin with all these different pigments that makes their skin just ghastly