Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giveback

DKR worked. acne free skin but..

No more acne but my skin is not beautiful. Uneven skin tone, red marks turned into light brown, dark circle under eyes where i dont put bp.Does anyone have a solution for this? I did TCA 20% two weeks ago from my aesthetician. It helped a bit but it made my skin more bleached resulting into even darker circles under eyes. i look like a sick kid. Should i just accept this and start wearing makeup/concealer to cover up these impurities eventhough im a guy?

Veteran DKR users please help me out.

For the uneven skin tone, you could incorporate an AHA moisturizer, like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. It takes a while for it to even out the skin tone, but it definitely helps if your skin can handle the stinging that it might cause.

I'm not sure what to say about the dark circles under your eyes. I don't know how the Regimen would cause that. But personally, I've noticed that my dark circles have greatly reduced since I've started taking omega fatty acid pills. I don't think that's a prescribed result, just a happy side-effect for me.

When I had the dark circles, I would use a concealer stick. When blended well, it is totally undetectable. Wearing concealer is totally not a big deal for a guy, just as long as it doesn't look like you're wearing make-up. It's still not socially that acceptable to look like you're wearing make-up, but that's not a problem if no one knows that you're wearing it. If you decide to go that route, make sure to get a concealer that matches your skin tone. For ladies, it is often recommended to get a concealer a shade lighter than your skin, but guys should get a total match so that no one notices it.

Cam >B)

Getting that peel should help your skin tone, as will using an aha moisturizer. That and TIME will fade your redmarks & even out your skin. I had been doing DKR for over 6 months before my skin tone looked better & most of my redmarks faded.

As for under eye circles:

-Moisturize well, twice a day. Use a good eye cream. Some people even like Cetaphil cream for their eye area. Vaseline can even be an option.

-Get enough sleep, drink a lot of water, and exercise

-Use a concealer

I second Cam's suggestion of using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion as a moisturizer once a day. The DKR keeps me clear, but that AHA lotion keeps my skin looking fresh and even, so the combination of the two has been really wonderful for my complexion.

I'm Filipino. I have brown skin. Continued use of Bp for 10 months made my skin whiter thus leaving the parts where i dont put bp brown such as the circles under eyes and neck.

Unfortunately we dont have much aha lotions here. We dont have healthy skin face lotion too here in the Philippines. And shipments outside the country is very very expensive for us. Olay is very popular here in the Philippines. Can you just check if this is ok(safe) for the dkr regimen? Much appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.total-effects.com/boutique/tota...products/te1000

^ That moisturizer looks fine to me based on the ingredients, but you'll never know how your skin will like it until you try it out. It's not an alpha hydroxy acid moisturizer, though, so it won't do anything special for you besides keeping your skin hydrated and offering some sun protection.