Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been tinkering with my diet to get rid of my acne for the past 7 years. I've had acne for the past 20 years..

I grew up eating a healthy high fiber/high fruit and vegetable diet. I ALWAYS had acne and the healthier I ate the worse my skin would be.

Well, a few years ago I started cooking with butter...I was using vegetable oils before that and the food didn't taste good so I switched to butter. For a couple of weeks I ate lots of baked goods with butter and then much to my surprise my skin cleared up...and it wasn't like my skin was just acne free. It was smooth and normal looking.

I also looked at the ingredients in my favorite skin cleanser and the main ingredient was a saturated fat! It was a big surprise to me.

So now I'm eating a diet with butter and even a little pork and my skin is perfect. I'm afraid I will die young from all the saturated fat, but when I go back to monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats my skin starts breaking out immediately.

How can I eat a healthy diet and still have good skin? All of my friends and family are disgusted with my food choices. Most of them are into health food or are vegetarians. I feel like a failure :(

I've been tinkering with my diet to get rid of my acne for the past 7 years. I've had acne for the past 20 years..

I grew up eating a healthy high fiber/high fruit and vegetable diet. I ALWAYS had acne and the healthier I ate the worse my skin would be.

Well, a few years ago I started cooking with butter...I was using vegetable oils before that and the food didn't taste good so I switched to butter. For a couple of weeks I ate lots of baked goods with butter and then much to my surprise my skin cleared up...and it wasn't like my skin was just acne free. It was smooth and normal looking.

I also looked at the ingredients in my favorite skin cleanser and the main ingredient was a saturated fat! It was a big surprise to me.

So now I'm eating a diet with butter and even a little pork and my skin is perfect. I'm afraid I will die young from all the saturated fat, but when I go back to monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats my skin starts breaking out immediately.

How can I eat a healthy diet and still have good skin? All of my friends and family are disgusted with my food choices. Most of them are into health food or are vegetarians. I feel like a failure :(

Don't worry, you are actually eating healthier than your vegetarian friends by eating butter. They are just a bit behind on the latest research: http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/butter.html

and recommended reading for all those who think butter is evil:

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-Ga.../dp/1400040787/