Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legumes don't get much attention on here I've noticed.

Legumes are usually high in carbs, fat and protein.

I regularly consume almonds and cashews (as well as pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) because my diet was fruit and vegetable based I needed more fat and protein.

However, now that I eat meats for two meals of the day, I am going to eliminate them for a month to see what happens.

Thoughts/comments?

I know notadoctor and Healthoid are legume free. Any comments or ideas? Glein I'm assuming you are too? :)

Bump before I go to bed.

Eliminating those would probably cut down on your healthy fat intake IMO. Especially if all you're really eating is meat (hopefully some fish), vegetables and fruits.

Eliminating those would probably cut down on your healthy fat intake IMO. Especially if all you're really eating is meat (hopefully some fish), vegetables and fruits.

Legumes are the only food that I can honestly say gave me breakouts.

My body couldn't digest them. I knew this because I would get horrible cramps after eating them.

Interesting!

Do you believe meat is not a healthy source of fat?

Legumes don't get much attention on here I've noticed.

Legumes are usually high in carbs, fat and protein.

I regularly consume almonds and cashews (as well as pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds) because my diet was fruit and vegetable based I needed more fat and protein.

However, now that I eat meats for two meals of the day, I am going to eliminate them for a month to see what happens.

Thoughts/comments?

I know notadoctor and Healthoid are legume free. Any comments or ideas? Glein I'm assuming you are too? :)

When I started eating "healthy" I added these indigestible little pebbles to my diet and let me just say the results smelled...

If I eat them I get really sick in my stomach and feel like crap.

Forget about them and climb higher up the food chain my friend. ;)

I have no problem with legumes and have even been trying to adopt the Hispanic habit of keeping cooked black or red kidney beans at all times.

If you have problems digesting them, you might try making sure they are soaked many hours before cooking. Even quick cooking ones. And I've read that few canned bean brands are soaked. I think they tend to use pressure cookers.

Wow, I get a lot of the things you guys are talking about - particularly stomach cramps and gas. I'm definetly going to go legume free for atleast a month. Should be easy considering I already avoid the #1 most addicing thing in the world (sugar), a long with dairy and grains.

Thanks for the input guys! :):):)