Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asgjffdflh

any tips on preventing scarring as much as possible?

So, what kind of supplements/fruits/greens etc. should I take to make my skin heal at the best possible way.

At this time my acne is clearing up more and more, leaving loads of red marks and bumpiness on my skin, especially on my chin. Is it right that Zinc could help alot? How much does Zinc improve my skin it's healing process? Please help skin healing!!

Looking forward receiving your replies

Greetings,

Tim

Aloe vera gel without a doubt. This is my holy grail product. It's drying on it's own so mix with a moisturizer or several drops of olive oil.

Hope it helps

I've had great luck with CeraVe lotion, myself.

I'm a female. I have noticed faster healing with zinc added to my diet. I take 50 mgs a day, with a meal.

Hey you..:)

I would suggest lots of fish and green veggies that can repair the skin from the inside so that the new skincells are really healty. Food such as Salmon, and tunafish (rich on protein), avocado and carrots, also a lot of fiber and wholegrain. Cut out all dairy and meat (drink soy-milk instead) and wheat and sugar, i promise you will se a huuge differnce :dance:

Also if you have deep and many scars maybe a chemical peeling is an option?

Wish you the best of luck :-*

The best way to prevent scarring is to spot the pimple early on, when it's still under the skin. You can then ice it and spot treat it with BP or SA several times a day to prevent it from coming out. Here's what you do for existing scars:

For red marks, Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Zinc work really well in fading them and healing them. For shallow indented scars, Retinol works pretty well in reducing the appearance of them and smoothing them out. I had some shallow indented scars myself which Green Cream got rid of after a few months of using it.

I found aloe vera helps heal pimples faster, reducing inflammation and redness, but doesn't do much for fading scars.

My red marks used to take 5 to 6 months to heal but now, with the AHA, retinol, and zinc, they last one month at most.

And ofcourse, a healthy diet helps too and wear sunscreen when you go out.

Aloe vera gel without a doubt. This is my holy grail product. It's drying on it's own so mix with a moisturizer or several drops of olive oil.

Hope it helps

Another question, how much can working out help in the healing process?

I'm living near a wood, so what about going out for a run 4-5 times a week? It should help my skin to renew itself, isn't it? Will the result be significantly better or hardly visible?

Edited by timothy12

One time a had a small cyst on the side of my forehead and I was affraid it would leave a really bad scar. I iced it several times a day and spot treated it with salicylic acid and MaMa Lotion (20% AHA) and when it healed, it didn't leave ANY scar or mark at all. I was really surprised...so you should try that.

As far as exercising, its great for your health in general and you should exercise at least half an hour a day. I'm not sure how much it will help your skin, but I assume it will help in some way.

You should take 50 to 60 mg of zinc per day with food. I take OptiZinc. It has really helped a lot.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

If you are seriously worried about scarring, I'd go down to the grocery store and ask the pharmacist for the cream that medical doctor's prescribe for scarring. You don't need a prescription. Its about $30. My dad had to wear it when he burned his hand pretty badly.

Also, take vitamins/minerals/trace minerals and get your Omega 3s. Eat a healthy diet.

One free long term way to prevent scarring is to do facial massage. You'd need to firmly massage your face everyday. It helps stretch/break up the scar tissue, which prevents the scar tissue from tightening up and creating bumps or depressions. Usually it's done with something like marbles, but I don't think those are necessary, as I'd imagine using marbles would be awkward on a person's face. But the principle is the same. Massage also increases circulation to your face which should speed healing.

You'd need to be careful with this though if you have cysts because too much pressure could cause them to burst under the surface of the skin, making the situation much worse. But as long as you avoid putting firm pressure directly into an active pimple or cyst, and focus on the areas that are already healing, then you should be fine. Also make sure you're hands are clean :). Oil like jojoba oil makes it easier to do the massage.

I'm not the OP but I have a few quick questions....

Does Aloe Vera Gel when applied topically cause people to break out?

Is 50mgs of zinc suitable even for someone of a low body weight?

So, what kind of supplements/fruits/greens etc. should I take to make my skin heal at the best possible way.

At this time my acne is clearing up more and more, leaving loads of red marks and bumpiness on my skin, especially on my chin. Is it right that Zinc could help alot? How much does Zinc improve my skin it's healing process? Please help skin healing!!

Looking forward receiving your replies

Greetings,

Tim