Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrod87

Shaving techniques for men

I would like to know when is the best time to shave. In the morning or at night. Before washing your face or after. I would really appriciate your response, and if you have any other tips or ways of making shaving a non irratating experience please share, Thanks.

definitely after washing the face. You've the wash your face with hot water before shaving, because the hot water will enlarge your pores and softens the shaving area. Also shave in the direction of the grain (dunno if that's the right word... I'm Dutch). Shave in the same direction as the hair grows I mean.

For more info on shaving you should watch the "king of shaving" vids on youtube. They can help you alot I think...

Good luck,

Tim

I'm not sure about enlarging your pores with hot water. But every shaving cream says you have to wash your face with WARM/HOT WATER so I'd just follow this instruction.

I'm doing it in the morning myself EVERY single day. I just try to shave as gentle as possible but try to remove all facial hair.

(PS: And i shave against the grain/direction my facial hair grows actually cause my face will feel smoother.. and i'm clear but hey everyone's face is different)

I'm not sure about enlarging your pores with hot water. But every shaving cream says you have to wash your face with WARM/HOT WATER so I'd just follow this instruction.

I'm doing it in the morning myself EVERY single day. I just try to shave as gentle as possible but try to remove all facial hair.

(PS: And i shave against the grain/direction my facial hair grows actually cause my face will feel smoother.. and i'm clear but hey everyone's face is different)

im in the military so i have no choice but to shave every single day, its even worse when you have breakouts (i think shaving even makes your acne worse ) but anyway what i do is i wash my facxe before and after shaving.. i use aveeno shaving gel for sensitive skin, and i purchaces these special razors by a brand called Bump fighter, and then i use the bump fighter after shave on my neck only to prevent bumps and acne and regular cetaphil moisturizer on my face.. (the bump fighter is a product designed for black males ) im white but it works good for me.. =0) hope this helps out