Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lishakatz

hair colouring

a silly question but I know that your skin is really delicate while on the drug (a small scrape hurt like hell let me tell you *S*)

Has anyone had any trouble with dieing their hair while on Accutane?

a silly question but I know that your skin is really delicate while on the drug (a small scrape hurt like hell let me tell you *S*)

Has anyone had any trouble with dieing their hair while on Accutane?

personally, I wouldn't do either, esp. a perm or something that harsh.

I haven't had the urge to color my hair yet, but the last time I sponaneously did, I evened up plantium blonde, and my hair literally felt like barbie doll hair..lol...I ended up doing about 4 colorings in a matter of 2 or 3 days, and because of it I now have a very short layer too :-p

I lost so much hair from it, and trust me, on the accutane you'll loose your hair anyways. I think mine started (noticable to me) at about month 4.5 or 5...

Honestly, you could do it, but I woulnd't recommend it if you treasure having your hair.

I got my hair hightlighted on the top and one color on the bottom and my hair is fine. I would use a shampoo for colored hair though. I switch off between the new Aquage color and Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner with Nioxin. My hair is really soft all the time. Now if you were doing it all blonde than I wouldn't do it. Hope this helps

hehe I couldn't pull off blond. I wouldn't be doing anything overly harsh on it other then colouring it. I am leaning towards a redish colour or a dark brown.

I would wait to do it until I was done the medication but my roots are pretty bad :) my hair seems to have a hard time holding colour and where it was rather dark when I did it its a light brown now *wrinkles nose*

Ya, I couldn't pull off blonde either. I think you would be fine. Like I said my hair is fine. I have two shades of brown, my natural color and blonde highlights up top and the bottm is a reddish-brown. I have lots of different colors and my hair is fine. I would use a moisturizing conditioner though, it really helps too.

Yeah I wouldn't go platinum blonde while on Tane because bleaching is very hard on your hair and scalp, but a brown or reddish shade should be fine. I've colored my hair chestnut brown a few times since I started my course in August, and plan to touch it up this weekend. My hair is in good condition and I haven't noticed any more hair loss than usual (and believe me, I watch the shower drain like a hawk)- like EM said, just be sure you use a good conditioner afterward. I recommend Herbal Essences color because it's ammonia-free. As for perming, I'd ask your derm first, but like bleaching it's probably not a good idea.

i coloured my hair blonde all over while on tane, no side effects, and it definitely touched my scalp/forehead in places.

I've dyed my hair twice whilst on accutane and have experienced no side effects due to this...both times i dyed my hair a dark brown and it seems to have improved my hair condition and i haven't experienced any signs of hair loss either.

I overdid mine because I got a color on the same day as another chemical process (relaxing). They tell you not to do that normally, but I didn't listen. The stylist didn't say anything either. The damage happened pretty much immeidately (the hair didn't turn to crap right away, but when I would condition it, I could just feel it, it didn't feel like my normal hair and just wouldn't absorb any moisture). And then with the 'tane, my muscles and bones hurt, so I couldn't really hold my hands above my head to give my hair all the extra attention it now needed.

A coloring process that didn't involve lightening may have been better for me. I think when I did damaged my hair severely, regardless of the 'tane, but because of the 'tane I couldn't keep up with the damage and just wound up cutting. More visits to the salon might have helped out during that time, but I didn't feel like doing that either while on the drug...

i went from brunette back to light/platinum blonde.

i had no irritation whatsoever.