Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sorimachi

vitamin C & E helps to heal scar?

yes take these two. im taking them also. 800IU(2 400iu pills) of E and 1000 mg of C.

It will prevent dry eyes and also will help healing scars.

Vitamin C creams can smooth out your skin and supposedly have collagen-building properties. I have been using one specially formulated without water (the presence of water will decrease effectiveness) for about 5 weeks now and don't notice much difference, but I'm not really sure what I was expecting in the first place. I would think that a Vitamin C cream would be more effective than a supplement due to the topical nature of it.

yea i was using vitamin E oil on a scar for the longest time and didnt make it disapear... and I read somewhere that they did a study and there was no difference in scar healing and that it actually slows it down.

I was on accutane years and years ago, but I'm not familiar with the "rules"

However, a big 'yes' on topical c&e. I use it and it's great. It's won't cure your scars but it helps. I'm fairly into research and mix it myself from powder each time. The topicals are very tricky to buy because asorbic acid (vit c) is unstable and will break down very quickly. Anyway I reccommend skinceuticals "C E Ferulic" serum. It's expensive.

good luck.

I used those two vitamins topically for about 7 months. I used skinceuticals' C E Ferulic serum in conjunction with emu oil but didn't seem to make much of a difference for my red marks or hyperpigmentation. You should try and see if it helps. Oh and taking it orally is a good idea, it'll help your skin.