Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazbo

Sick to f*cking death of it all

I'm sick to fucking death of this acne. After 5 months of being acne free, my skin has come back with a vengeance and I've had enough. The thing that pisses me off the most is all the arseholes who take clear skin for granted. People who eat junk food, don't excercise, drink like a fish every weekend, don't wash their faces, etc. They don't take care of themselves and have perfect skin. I hate them.

I've tried antibiotics, accutane, topicals, antibacterials, home remedies, Hydrogen Peroxide, Surgical spirits, fish oil, zinc, endless amounts of "hormone" supplements and they don't fucking work. The thing that pisses me off is the things I'm missing out on. I avoid eating chocolate, soft drink, fast food because I think it might cause more problems. I drink water with ACV, Herbal tea and nothing but vegetables and fruit and it still happens.

I'm giving up the best things in life and it's not doing a damn fucking thing. Mostly I'm angry because I went 5 months clear and was finally enjoying life and now it's back to square 1. I can't stand it and I'm depressed and bitter all over again. I'm back to sitting in my room on Saturday nights and making up shitty excuses not to go out with friends.

I'm only 21 but I feel like I've been putting up with this shit for a life time. I've been prescribed Keflex for a short term fix at a high dosage so we'll see how that goes. I'm going to try and be positive, so I look forward to when it works.

If not, I don't know what to do. They say for some acne clears up around 25. I'm not keen on waiting 4 years to find out...

First off, what is Keflex? I have never heard of that. Also, there is always more stuff to try, ALWAYS. I think it is the millions of different things to try that complicates things most for the modern acne sufferer, even with things that don't work. Your feelings are COMPLETELY understandable, I empathize. I didn't see phototherapy in your list, so I think perhaps you should look into that. I am going to try light therapy myself because I am fairly certain it will work well for me considering I respond well to sunlight. Another thing you may want to consider is accutane. I don't know your feelings on the matter but all issues aside, it may ultimately the answer to your problem. What grade acne do you have, and what type?

I am 21 , i thought i wont get acne at that age...

and i starting to have acne on my back.. arms..

Theres 3 red dot on my cheek , they are forming....

And is Thanksgiving ALMOST AND I GOTTA eat with family.

Tomorrow it will be a bit bigger.. it forms fast.

but i am happy... i don't care if i got ugly scars on my face i am still happy.

I envy those with perfect skin...

We are not Lucky. , everytime i watch TV you see ALL the people with perfect skins..

in real life you wont see many with acne.

We just bad luck....

i hope god can help us all :(

to be honest i have bad skins.. and proud of it.. we all gonna get old anyway.

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know how you feel. What were you doing that kept your skin clear for 5 months? Then what happened before the acne came back? Did you discontinue a drug, or change something?

Edit: The reason I ask is that you can try to figure out what happened, that way you can figure out what works for your acne. Or what may have caused it, so you don't repeat it next time. Reasons your acne may have returned:

1. stopping an antibiotic cold turkey, rather than being weaned off

2. stopping an antibiotic without using an effective topical maintenance treatment to keep acne at bay (retinoid, BP, topical antibiotic, etc.)

3. bacterial resistance developing for the antibiotic you were using

4. stress

5. other health issues

6. women only - hormonal issues

7. incorrect regimen for your acne

I think that there is a small percentage of the population that has to remain on antibiotics very long-term to control acne. So you may be one of them. But I definitely wouldn't lose hope, because something worked for you before. So you will find something to work again. Have you done more than one round of accutane? Sometimes people have to do it 2 or even 3 times to get clear.

I feel similarly too. I had no acne for a year, not even mild acne. One full year later, it came back, moderate acne. My acne looks a lot worse than in these pics here. People here think I have mild acne but its not even close to being mild. One day, we will grow out of it after waiting so patiently

I'm sick to fucking death of this acne. After 5 months of being acne free, my skin has come back with a vengeance and I've had enough. The thing that pisses me off the most is all the arseholes who take clear skin for granted. People who eat junk food, don't excercise, drink like a fish every weekend, don't wash their faces, etc. They don't take care of themselves and have perfect skin. I hate them.

I've tried antibiotics, accutane, topicals, antibacterials, home remedies, Hydrogen Peroxide, Surgical spirits, fish oil, zinc, endless amounts of "hormone" supplements and they don't fucking work. The thing that pisses me off is the things I'm missing out on. I avoid eating chocolate, soft drink, fast food because I think it might cause more problems. I drink water with ACV, Herbal tea and nothing but vegetables and fruit and it still happens.

I'm giving up the best things in life and it's not doing a damn fucking thing. Mostly I'm angry because I went 5 months clear and was finally enjoying life and now it's back to square 1. I can't stand it and I'm depressed and bitter all over again. I'm back to sitting in my room on Saturday nights and making up shitty excuses not to go out with friends.

I'm only 21 but I feel like I've been putting up with this shit for a life time. I've been prescribed Keflex for a short term fix at a high dosage so we'll see how that goes. I'm going to try and be positive, so I look forward to when it works.

If not, I don't know what to do. They say for some acne clears up around 25. I'm not keen on waiting 4 years to find out...

What was keeping you clear for those 5 moths? Was that post-Accutane?

Have you considered Dan's regimen as a daily ongoing treatment plan for you? If not, consider giving it a try.

In regards to your comment about those with naturally beautiful skin who never have to take care of it; I can completely empathize with you. My roomate hardly EVER takes a shower (and when he does he doesn't even wash with anything, just rinses) eats loads of high fat, take-out food, drinks a LOT, smokes weed and cigarettes, is aboslutely oblivious to other people's feelings, never brushes his teeth, has been spoiled rotten his entire life by his mother, and yet his skin is consistently perfect. He never suffers from anything, everything's always positive and working out super well for him.

But I realize that acne teaches empathy, humility, and consideration. Yes, it can be absolutely frustrating (I've had this deep red spots (not even cysts just dark red "pockets") along my jawline since the starting July and I've gone through soo many OTC topicals, home remedies (ACV, parasite cleanse, etc. etc.) and NOTHING has even remotely changed their appearance :cry: along with my regular mild breakouts every so often), but I hold out, hoping that one day they will clear up, and when that day comes and I'm finally able to fully embrace life, I will be a much better person for it. I will know what it feels like to be stared at because of an "abnormality", I will understand how difficult things like acne can be and what kind of struggles people go through to clear it up.

Alright, I've had a bit of time to fume. I think I was being a bit abrasive and obnoxious. I'm almost considering editing that first post to make it a bit more mature.

First off, what is Keflex? I have never heard of that. Also, there is always more stuff to try, ALWAYS. I think it is the millions of different things to try that complicates things most for the modern acne sufferer, even with things that don't work. Your feelings are COMPLETELY understandable, I empathize. I didn't see phototherapy in your list, so I think perhaps you should look into that. I am going to try light therapy myself because I am fairly certain it will work well for me considering I respond well to sunlight. Another thing you may want to consider is accutane. I don't know your feelings on the matter but all issues aside, it may ultimately the answer to your problem. What grade acne do you have, and what type?

If this makes you feel any better I'm 30, not married and put that all down to the state of my skin and still have acne plus the bonus of hyperpigmentation from trying too many harsh products. Like somebody else said there'll always be more products to sell us for perfect skin...another dream of fitting in at last but after 18 years of acne I give up!! My doc said I should go for a hormone level test..why was I not taking the prescribed medicine she asked...I replied because I've tried so many similar products before that either dried out my skin or left it scarred. Her reply...so how can we help you if you dont try the medicine. I just told her I know it wont work the ingredients are the same as ones used before. I wanted to cry but I held it in as I've done many a time before when people look in your face and look away...

Make up you might say is a temporary fix but it's all a lie you have to take it off sometime... Anyhoo good luck with the Keflex and keep your head up..

Hey, I'm knew too, and I'm 27 with acne still. I don't have acne scars yet, but I'm starting to get worried. I didn't start getting acne until I was in college, so when I got married at 19 my skin was lovely, then it all went wrong :P. I feel your frustration!

Right my skin is now just taking the piss out of me :wall: Noticed a lot of white flakes forming in my chin area over the last few days (Yuk!) Went to the Docs & was told that I had developed a Fungus (Ringworm) there :evil:

WTF how the hell can I get a damn fungus when I keep my skin so clean?

So now as well as treating acne on a daily basis I now have to apply some horrible fungal gel to my chin :mad:

Sometimes I wonder if it will ever end :unsure:

I am getting very little acne now.. it doesn't grow up any bigger , i hope not :P

but i have no acne atm .. just a few they so small... they forming or it will stay Little ?

I hope so lol

cause i got like 6-7 little ones wont notice at all , is so tiny. and is kinda red. well pink

I hate this i think is gonna get worse soon.. >_< i lost 50 lbs cause i stopped eating stuff with sugars/salt etc

I only eat bread and eggs , and brown rice.. , sometime white rice..

thats all i eat :X

Hey, I'm knew too, and I'm 27 with acne still. I don't have acne scars yet, but I'm starting to get worried. I didn't start getting acne until I was in college, so when I got married at 19 my skin was lovely, then it all went wrong :P. I feel your frustration!

Man I feel you.

I had perfect and flawless skin for a about a year....and then about 3 months ago I started breaking out like crazy AGAIN. It's so frustrating.

and I also hate those people who don't do jack crap and their skin is flawless....the people who eat whatever they want and it's perfect.

life is definitely not fair

G-d, I need to stop reading these things, or I'll start losing hope. I'm 21, have had acne since the 3rd fucking grade, and it still won't go away. They say that puberty causes acne, but I finished puberty nearly 10 years ago. Will this never end? I don't care if my skin now means that I won't get wrinkly later; I'd rather have the gorram wrinkles; at least I'll have earned them!

G-d, I need to stop reading these things, or I'll start losing hope. I'm 21, have had acne since the 3rd fucking grade, and it still won't go away. They say that puberty causes acne, but I finished puberty nearly 10 years ago. Will this never end? I don't care if my skin now means that I won't get wrinkly later; I'd rather have the gorram wrinkles; at least I'll have earned them!

maybe you should start with chillin' the fuck out :} and from experience, don't expect too much after 24 (who came up with that age anyway) i've had mild/moderate ance from age 16 till well.. this year and i am 42 :}

This is very f-frusterating! I am on the same page!

I am 28 and going to go on my second round of accutane. I have resistant acne for years, probably since elementary, have used everything, went on accutane finally and finished it up almost exactly a year ago.

I didn't have to do hardly anything to my skin for a year!!! Then, it happened...a pimple here and there...more oil...now it's out of control. Derm didn't want to give me accutane...even though he's got perfect skin and has used it himself! I wanted to scream when he told me that! I'm usually a quiet person, but I was so mad that I would've made a scene in his office if he didn't give me the paperwork to get the process started again!

Then, when i did start breaking out again, i used some retin a micro, and it dried me out, I picked (shouldn't have) and now my laugh lines are deeper on one side of my face...ppl don't believe me but it's true!

Then, I tried a chemical peel (light one) and peeled for 5 days...just to have the acne come back anyways...

I hate what I feel like when I am on it, but if it gives me a year of relief again, I will take it!

It's going to be a rough holiday season this year!

Am I just going to have to go on and off of it for the rest of my life???

Hi,

I've tried everything prescription topical medication, antybiotics, bp, acne free in 3 days program, laser, facials, blue/red light, laser and nothing seems to work. Laser did clear up the acne pretty well but it soon came back after only a month. They only thing that gave me back my confidence and really cleared my acne was accutane. I know that everyone says that it's the last resort and how harmful it is, but in my opinion when you're struggling with severe acne it's worth it. I was on accutane twice. After first course I was acne free for almost 2 years. I've had very severe acne since 12 years of age. So my advice is if you've tried everything (different things work for different people) you should go on accutane. Also I heard that sometimes you might have to do a couple of courses in order for the acne not to come back again.

I've heard that sometimes it takes couple of courses of accutane for the acne not to come back . For some people it works after one course. I guess I was none of the lucky ones. But my derm told me that when you go on second treatment it decreases the chances of acne coming back again even more.

I've heard that sometimes it takes couple of courses of accutane for the acne not to come back . For some people it works after one course. I guess I was none of the lucky ones. But my derm told me that when you go on second treatment it decreases the chances of acne coming back again even more.