Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manfal

zinc oxide(diaper rash stuff)

ive heard a pretty good amount of good things about diaper rash oinments or zinc oxide products that are for baby diaper rashes that heal your red marks faster.....and i havent heard anything bad about them.....so....i think im gonna give it a try and see how well it works out...because everything else seems to be burning my skin and thats not really good

and if their are all positives about this then why doesnt anyone talk about it?

hey- actually I once tried Sudocream on my face (its a UK product for diaper rashes, burns etc.) and I didn't find it too effective for me. However I didn't try it on red marks so I'm not sure. Its very cheap and it didn't do any harm to my skin so you might think about trying it. Good luck and let me know if it works!

i bought some A D diaper rash lotion stuff from rite aid yesterday. It contains 10% zinc oxide and some aloe. I used it last night pretty much on most of my face even though most of my face isnt covered with red marks just to see what would happen. Well, nothing happend, the red marks look pretty much the same but it did lighten one of them on my forhead for some strange reason and this is only after overnight and using it once. it didnt break me out either which is a HUGE plus.

im gonna continue to use this everynight to see what happens and ill keep you guys posted on how its going at the end of this week.

NOTE**** I recently ordered 40% zinc oxide off the internet and ill let you know when that comes in but it wont be for a couple days...and of course due to the higher concentration this should actually make them go away quicker. but first i will use this stuff and see how it goes along

i use sudocrem as a moisturiser but it doesnt really fade red marks. it is good because it makes my skin soft and it doesnt break me out, and it it good as a spot treatment, but for red marks it doesnt do much

i use sudocrem as a moisturiser but it doesnt really fade red marks. it is good because it makes my skin soft and it doesnt break me out, and it it good as a spot treatment, but for red marks it doesnt do much

i havent gotten the zinc oxide stuff yet....whenever i do ill let ya know how it goes after the first couple days

the diaper rash stuff didnt do much, actually i dont think it did anything, but some people said it completely faded thier marks after 2 weeks...i only used it for about 5 days haha. so maybe if your willing to wait it out go for it. but the concentration is only 10%. stuff i ordered is 40%. A lil wee bit different haha

i havent gotten the zinc oxide stuff yet....whenever i do ill let ya know how it goes after the first couple days

the diaper rash stuff didnt do much, actually i dont think it did anything, but some people said it completely faded thier marks after 2 weeks...i only used it for about 5 days haha. so maybe if your willing to wait it out go for it. but the concentration is only 10%. stuff i ordered is 40%. A lil wee bit different haha

Anyone looking into Mineral makeup???

There's Zinc Oxide in it and it's probably more pure than the lotion form.

I'm using the Foundation I don't know what percentage of Zinc is in it but it's more pure and natural for the face... I'm finding it does help the face promote a healthy glow...

Zinc is a natural mineral that has cell healing properties.

also, its found in suncreams/makeup/cosmetics as its a sunblocking agent.

Unlike other sunblock ingrediants, it doesnt absorb teh UVA/B rays, but reflects them like a mirror.

You know when u see lifeguards/cricketers with the white strips of cream on their face/lips? thats zinc oxide

That is such an exaggeration! How can something completely clear you in five days, thats impossible! It can start working but it cant fix it completely in five days :rolleyes:

i finally got zincofax (40% zinc oxide) in the mail last night....wahoo.....

anyway, i tried it last night on a little patch of marks that i have.....and i think it lightened them a little wee bit actually. but this is only after one night of course haha. it may all be psychological haha. but i will keep on doin this and keep you updated. ill probably update at the end of this week. :D

Trust me when I say this...Zincofax 40% cream has been my saving grace. I used it last Jan when I had tons of post acneic red marks on my face and in one weeks time they were gone...

Where do you live? I am from Canada and just got mine from Safeway or Shoppers Drug Mart...

It truly does work wonders though

i live in the US. but i got it off the internet tho from a canadian site haha. ive been using it and it seems to be helping. But its also making me break out and its clogging my pores.....so im gonna limit it and see what happens

I've tried those high zinc percentage diaper creams and found them so aggravating. Most are heavily fragranced and contain lanolin (sheep fat) or castor oil (mineral oil) or cod liver oil (fish fat). If it's working don't stop using but if it's breaking you out or irritating your skin it's probably the fault of those perfumes and fatty oils.

Time and time again, whenever my skin is burned or irritated I find myself returning to Avene's "Cicalfrate" (cicatrisant is Latiin for promoted healing: the knitting of skin tissue together)

Avene is a French line available in Europe and Canada. I don't know if it's available in the US.

Cicalfrate is 18$ and composed of a high percentage of zinc oxide, copper, and sulfracate which help to rebuild the skin barrier. This cream is excellent post-peel, sunburn or laser. I can't vouch for it's ability to heal red marks but it has calmed the effects of glycolics, retin a and taz like nothing else. As soon as you apply it you feel this cooling relief... at first you think it's going to be greasy but it just melts into the skin and the next day all traces of irritation and redness are gone. I'm a product junkie, having tested just about everything out there this is by far one the best products and certainly the very best zinc cream around.. (it even doubles as a sun block in a pinch). I discovered this product 3 years ago when I was badly sun burned in France. Since then I've never been without it in my medicine chest or make-up kit. For me, each tube lasts about a year.

There's only so much that zinc can do for red marks. It can help calm down inflammation but for me I don't think it can penetrate deep down enough to do anymore than that. It's just not possible for it to take away red marks, unless all you had was a scratch on your face to begin with.

Sorry, but I can't imagine using the same thing on my face that I use on my son's butt...lol :lol: It probably doesn't help anyway.

I just started using something else that has a good chance of helping red marks. If it does help me, I'll start a thread about it.

hey how could i use zinc oxide for my redmarks if i till have active acne. Like when should i use it bc my regimen is cleanse and apply ziana(trenition and clindamycin). after or before applying it? also just put on redmarks or acne bc some of my redmarks are right next 2 active acne.

Hey.. i've been using it and its been working for me :) like i had a bad break out and i started using it after someone told me it work so i tryed it for like 2weeks now and its been helping i just got 1 pimple :( but one is good i just put a little on it and the redness started going away. then i started washing my face with some clean and clear morning wash and then put the stuff on my face. so try and using it after you wash you face it may help. but make such your not allegic to any face wash. so yeahh try it and it may work but its working for me?!

Wow, I totally didn't know they use my name as an acne medication...lame! ><

Anyways, I'll have to keep checking back to see if this works, I've never heard of that until now. H&S worked pretty well for me. Right now lemon juice and ACV has done the best yet.