Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

3 months post needling...BAH!

I am now convinced that my single needling episode has yielded zero results. I was looking at the area that was needled (my temple scars) today, and they are as profound as ever. Now I feel like I was just a guinea pig...a human pin cushion for operators-in-training to jab at and test their newly learned techniques. I really don't believe needling is a particularly effective treatment for scars. I know I won't be having another session. All that redness and bruising I endured...for what?? sad.gif An area that is now hyperpigmented (probably for good) and scars that remain as ugly as ever.

Where's my TDP Lamp? I need to go lie under it and forget about this for now! sad.gif

John.....I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted, but please don't say needling doesn't work. You may discourage some people who would benefit from it, into not getting it. I have gotten awesome results from needling, as well as others.

As we've discussed before many times, many people who have done "drastic" things such as yourself (dermabrasian) don't seem to have as good a results with other procedures, even many years later.

You're right, Denise. I should have just said that needling didn't work...for ME. I am glad, though, that it is helping you and so many others.

John, the important thing is that you tried eh? There are loads of other procedures ... for some reason, some work better on others ... for me, I still think that needling is an amazing procedure although I did npt get great results for it.

I tried needling for the first time last night, have no idea if I did it right. Didn't hear any popping or anything. I took a needle, jabbed it in and tried to kinda move it underneath scar in different directions. I don't know if I got it in the skin far enough, it didn't pop, but I felt like if I kept pushing I was gonna get to my bone...I rubbed Trireduction on it last night and exfol cream this morning. It's slightly red and raised a little this morning. I can definitely feel a kinda lump on my skin. But, after finally deciding to try this, I just read that it doesn't work good on skin that has already had C02, dermabrasion, etc., and I've had those. So, should I just forget the needling route, I was thinking this might really help me. I am SOOOO tired of these stupid scars, I don't have a ton, but enough that really bother me. I was thinking about smoothbeam, but everyone's been talking lately that it's made them worse. So I forgot about smoothbeam and thought I'd try needling...help. Don't know if I'll do anything more now than my Trireduction and Exfol. I hate giving up, but maybe I just need to accept that I may have to live w/scars??? Thanks. Tarmik

Tarmik, maybe it WILL work for you. Please don't let my post deter you from believing that it can help.

If you find that it doesn't, why not try Lactic Acid peels along with CP serum? I've heard that combination works for a lot of people. I am now trying it, myself. I haven't had any experience with Smoothbeam, so I can't comment on its efficacy. I AM beginning to think that Maya is right to tout TCA Cross as highly as she does. In fact, I just might try it myself, sometime soon. (Will probably go to Dr. Rapapport for it, though. I don't trust these less-than-nimble fingers with an acid as potent as that one!)

Good luck Tarmik. Don't give up.

John

animegirle, I got hyperpigmentation from my needling, too, and it wasn't self-needling. So maybe, as a rule, this is just an inherent risk with needling, that people who are considering it should be aware of.