Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blink18222

about to give up

i know ive posted hundreds of times but I really need a straight answer. i just cant come up with an answer that works for me, i have moderate-severe acne and its ripping me apart. i dont have a camera. im 16 and i cant wait for thanksgiving break coming up because ill stay at home for a whole week. Ive been using aqua glycolic cleanser for a month now and i havent seen any results at all.

Right now this is what I do:

For the next few days im trying to eat a lot of apples and stop eating any kind of product with sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, vegetable oil, etc.. im drinking as much water as i can, maybe 2-3 bottles a day.. when i get in the shower i rub head and shoulders classic clean onto my face and let it sit there for about 30 seconds and then wash it off. when i come out of the shower i use the aqua glycolic cleanser.

right now i have clearasil ultra (faster) 10% benzoyl sitting on my counter but i dont know if i should use it.

if my acne is doing anything, its getting worse

what am i going to do

I don't think you should put head and shoulders on your face for 30 seconds...for some people it might work maybe. That stuff kinda makes my face worse though in my opinion.

I can CLEARLY see why you have acne.

i know ive posted hundreds of times but I really need a straight answer. i just cant come up with an answer that works for me, i have moderate-severe acne and its ripping me apart. i dont have a camera. im 16 and i cant wait for thanksgiving break coming up because ill stay at home for a whole week. Ive been using aqua glycolic cleanser for a month now and i havent seen any results at all.

Right now this is what I do:

For the next few days im trying to eat a lot of apples and stop eating any kind of product with sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, vegetable oil, etc.. im drinking as much water as i can, maybe 2-3 bottles a day.. when i get in the shower i rub head and shoulders classic clean onto my face and let it sit there for about 30 seconds and then wash it off. when i come out of the shower i use the aqua glycolic cleanser.

right now i have clearasil ultra (faster) 10% benzoyl sitting on my counter but i dont know if i should use it.

if my acne is doing anything, its getting worse

what am i going to do

...you use head and shoulders and then a facial cleanser. im not surprised. In my opinion just ditch everything and just splash hot water on your face (shower morning and and stick your face under it for about 30 secs) then in evening just splash warm-hot water over ur face for bout 30 seconds also. It'll feel weird to begin with and wont feel clean but trust me after a while that feeling goes as well as ur dodgey skin.

i dont know how long you have had this regimen, but

if your current regimen is not showing significant improvements, then doesnt that mean you have to try something else or new?

Start off with mild cleanser, aqua glycolic cleanser is ok but if you want milder, get cetaphil. You shouldn't be using head and shoulders on your face, its too drying and harsh and may aggrevate your acne. It can be used for back acne because the back skin is thicker but not for the face. BP is a good choice but don't start with 10%, get a lower concentration because 10% is very drying and your skin might not take it, you might end up with irritation and your regimen will be a failure. Start with 2.5% BP first and slather on your face. Also you might want to add in additional OTC retinoid at night that can help the red marks and acne also. Dont use BP with the retinoid.

What I am describing to you is mainly Dan's regimen that is quite sucessful with moderate acne. You need to give products at least 3 months to work before you see results. If still, it doesn't work, it is time for you to see a dermatologist.

I don't understand about eating apples, its a good source of fiber that will help cleanse your guts. It may help overall since you are cleansing your system that indirectly may probably help the skin but I'm not too sure of that. You don't really have to stop all oils, just cut down intake or just eat more healthily that's all. Besides vegetable oils are the healthiest of oils, why do you want to stop ? Your body also need a certain amount of oil to function

im sorry your regimens not working... if i was you i wouldnt use h & s and then aqua glycolic as well...it could be too much. are you using the aqua glyc. on dry skin, and then adding water and working it into the skin some more before rinsing? becuase if your using it on wet skin it might not be v. effective?

maybe you should try benzoyl peroxide, but 10% might be a bit strong...maybe start off with 2.5 or 5% or you might just peel and irritate

First off stop putting head and shoulders on ur face..that is insane and a good thing to do if you want acne.

I would advise you try taking allergy tablets for a while (ones that are for more than one allergy and not just hayfever etc) and see if it works, does for me. I cant eat any chocolate normally without breaking out but when i start taking allergy tablets i can eat as much as i like with hardly any problems. Anyway if you give it a try id lke to know if it works for you to .

dude...

If you have acne only on your face, if you've been putting all types of crap on your skin to cure acne, if you have dry sensitive skin--but it seems to produce a lot of oil. Chances are you shouldn't have acne at all. You're just making everything worse by putting all that crap on your face. My brothers and I have suffered from "acne symptoms" my brothers was the worst and he now has scars, my other brother is less OCD so he's fine now. I have consistent acne still--- My brothers are ACNE FREE.

but this is what I've noticed: the less crap I put on my face, the better my skin becomes. Unfortunately I've destroyed so much of my skin that the healing process is taking a LONG LONG TIME. My brother had it for only 3-4 years before he noticed what took me 10 years to notice--that is healing your skin means less of everything. My brother now uses nothing, he has no acne but has acne scars.

I have no scars per se (large pores) but I am in the process of getting off all medication, but I realize that it took me 10 years to fuck my skin up, so it's gonna take awhile before my skin is able to heal itself.

I tried Head and Shoulders too. Chances are your skin is UBER sensitive like mine DO NOT USE IT.

BP is murder to sensitive skin.

Do not tone or use masks (natural or otherwise) if you have DRY sensitive skin.

Do not exfoliate on a daily basis if you have dry sensitive skin. I try to rub off dead flakes of skin in the shower but I never scrub, it is making a difference for me.

My routine:

Morning: Wash with Clearasil Sensitive Acne Wash, JoJoba Oil to lessen the dry skin and flaking on my forehead.

Night: Wash with Clearasil Sensitve Acne Wash and apply nothing else, just let my skin breathe and flake off when I sleep.

What's happening now. My skin is still healing slowly. I'm a bad "picker" so I that's gonna prolong it. I'm looking into Dermalogica products because they worked for my friend. (My brother is still telling me to stop using stuff, but I need a cleanser because I have black heads galore because of the damage I've done to my skin the past 10 years. I tell him I'm working on getting off everything.) My skin is about 70 percent better than before when I was using all that crap--it's been about 6 months, I hope it doesn't take 10 years for my skin to remember what "normal functioning" is. I now only have acne on my forehead and in the T-Zone, and I am slowly working to stop the dry skin and irritation of that area. I had acne everywhere before. Now when I get a bump on my cheek it goes away a lot quicker and doesn't "bring more acne"--y'know what I mean, you can't just get one, once one pops up another will soon follow in the same area (sigh).

Believe me, once you stop using all that stuff, you'll notice that your skin is not so irritated and it won't produce as much oil.

Heal your skin, and your skin will heal itself in time. (I'm not yet acne free, but I promised my self that if this works, I'm going to write a post for everyone to benefit from.)

Good luck friend, I hope the best for you. I understand your pain totally, you are not alone. Be strong bud.

and let me know if you find a solution to acne...

I had bad acne on my forehead when i was about 13-14 and now im 16 my forehead is completely clear.. I remember using clearasil 2.5% benzoyl for a while and then i just stopped using it. Another interesting thing is that I have long hair and my hair is always covering my forehead. I use head and shoulders. The sides of my hair that cover my face are clear for some strange reason so thats what made me think of putting head and shoulders directly on my face. I need to find a link to buy 2.5% benzoyl peroxide clearasil.

I agree with David - try and limit the amount of chemicals you put on your face.

But don't give up :naughty: , you can see from the amount of replies you've got, that people are wishing you the best.