Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swill

How many times a day..? Help please!!

Hi all,

I have been using The Regimen for nearly three years religiously, with no breaks. Things have been added and taken away, but my regimen is:

CETAPHIL GENTLE CLEANSER -> PROACTIV TONER -> DAN'S BP -> GARNIER PURE A MOISTIRUISER

Now, my acne has NEVER been that bad - even when I started. But on The Regimen it has been better than it ever has been. At the moment, I probably get about 1 spot a week on average, sometimes more though.

However, I am considering cutting down my BP usage to just ONCE a day. My face is always red, and often tight and dry (without the moisturiser it would be unbearable). The other day (for the first time I can remember), I was forced to skip using the BP, and just moisturised after showering. My skin felt lovely - not red, not dry, not tight. And it's made me think whether I should just start using BP once a day before bed, and not in the morning.

I have read about others on here who just use it once a day, and I would be really interested to hear what some of you think about cutting down to jut the one usage. Has anyone else tried it? Do you think it will make a difference to my spot situation? I have never suffered from acne badly, just the odd spot, and at 23 I really feel as though I shouldn't have to worry about it at all anymore; I wonder if the BP really is helping as much as it used to.

All help, advice and comments would be very much appreciated! :)

some people have success once a day, but the regimen works better (for most people at least) if used twice per day. if redness/dryness is a problem. you might want to try using the full amount of BP once per day and just spot treating any active pimples with the BP the other time.

No i have never used it twice a day. I just put it on in the morning and leave it there(i don't wash my face at night or anything). So for me, just one application seems to give 24 hour effectiveness. 2 times a day is just to irritating for me.

I would suggest cutting down the amount of BP first. For instance:

The first week use 3/4 of a finger, the second week use 1/2, third week 1/3, ect ect until you get down to using very little or none during the day and maybe keeping the full finger at night. Personally my skin is dryer at night but, I don't know your skin.

Maybe this will help.

You could also mix the BP and moisturizer together, maybe that would help.

I would second what Eryka has suggested. I believe that BP is active on your face for only about 12 hours. So I think that twice a day is preferable, even if you're using far less to help combat the dryness. But if you're going to cut down to once a day, it just seems sensible to slowly cut down to see if your face would still be clear with a once-a-day application.

Cam >B)

I would suggest cutting down the amount of BP first. For instance:

The first week use 3/4 of a finger, the second week use 1/2, third week 1/3, ect ect until you get down to using very little or none during the day and maybe keeping the full finger at night. Personally my skin is dryer at night but, I don't know your skin.

Maybe this will help.

You could also mix the BP and moisturizer together, maybe that would help.