Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Teenagers that are taking or took accutane...

how old were you?

did acne come back?, is so was it nearly as bad?

If it did come back, how long were you clear before it came back?

im seventeen and just started accutane a few days ago. i have moderate persistant acne that i have been dealing with for year now. i have used retin a, benzoyl peroxide, many antibiotics, and topical creams. Im hoping this gets rid of it for good. i have had zero side effects so far.

I just finished my course(appr 3 months, 60ml/day) and I'm completely clear. It's only been about two weeks since I finished, but there's no sign of acne returning.

I took accutane when I was 16, and it cleared up my skin like that. Then, about 6 months later, I started getting a pimple here and there. It steadily got worse (though never approaching what my acne was like when I was 15) until I decided to go on accutane again now, at age 21. I think a big problem is that I was not taking the accutane religiously. By that I mean I was always missing a pill here or there and I think that came back to haunt me. Also when I was off the tane I thought, " Wow, I have nice normal skin like everyone else now, so I don't need to take care of my face as well as I used to." Stupid. If you stick to your regimen and make sure to continue taking care of your face (washing twice a day and moisturizing at least once a day) when you get off the tane, then I think you will see some good results. If not, sometimes you just have to go on it twice. It's no picnic but it's worth it.

Moi!

I took accutane when I was 15. It didnt really seem to work, I thought, but my derm was like "oh no its working." Then I was like "No, it's not." Then my course ended and i got put on loads of antibiotics and creams. Then i cried and my mum took me to see my derm again and he was like, "OK you can go on it again."

So I was all, Yay! Then he said, "Only 20 mg a day, tho." And i was like, Stupid Derm. :)

And so, yeah, Ive been on accutane for 2 and a half weeks.

PLEASE CAN IT EFFING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!