Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uuga

You will outgrow acne...

My dad has been saying you will outgrow acne at my age of 14-15 and now he stopped saying that lol :S, he kept telling me, it's hormones dont worry, everyone have acne and you will outgrow it, now i'm 19 and i still get some breakouts :S

whose parents here told them the same thing?

My mother started having acne at 17. I started at 13. She said she stopped getting acne at 27, so I have at least one year to wait and see what happens (I'm 26 now). But I kinda doubt it. I already have more acne years than my mom (13 vs. 10). Argh!

Anyway, they say that the second timepoint when you might outgrow acne, other than your 20s, is around your 30s. One of my eldery neighbours had very bad cystic acne when she was young, starting at 13. She had tried everything possible at the time, but she outgrew it in her 30s.

In the meantime Yasmin seems to start working some of its magic for me for the 2nd month now -even though I got a new spot yesterday and I'm very frustrated as I hadn't got one for a couple of weeks now.

By the way, does anyone know what my mom's acne was supposed to be? It seems like a combination of teenage and adult acne. So what was it?? Both??

I am 20 and have basically outgrown mine. I get a pimple once a month, but its nothing :). However, I am scarred from my sever acne in my teens. Weird it didn't last longer, but it makes me happy :) So just hang on, you never know, I never thought mine would leave... scars arent too bad but I wish i didnt have them :(

well my brother has outgrown his and his was just as severe as mine, we both went on Acctuane, only difference is now i dont think he does much to his skin at all, whereas i still do all the same crap i've done for the past 2 years since i found what i beleive to be, something that works.

My parents grew out of their acne as well. My sister got it bad during high school/college, but she's clear on the face now. I used to get the cystic acne frequently (can specifically remember it last year), but I don't anymore - just whiteheads and redmarks. So I think I'm starting to grow out of it (hopefully!). I've been trying to eat much healthier (cut out most dairy, meat, eat more veggies/fruits, drink only water, take vitamins), but none of that really helps :mellow:

You will never outgrow acne. Acne is here to stay like the cold or the flu. Acne is evil and has ruined the spirits and lives of billions of people in the history of civilization. If we are to die, we will die with acne!

My parents never had acne.

My brothers and sisters never had acne.

I guess my acne was caused by all the bloody harsh products i've used the past few years..

I think you'll outgrow acne at some point.. but i think the main problem is that people are too afraid to stop using the acne products "because they prevent me from breaking out". Whilst some of them are just aggrovated by them.

I haven't exactly gotten that one although my parents don't really understand acne or what I'm going through. My mom has always had beautiful skin. My dad has oily skin and some scars, but I don't think he's had acne since his teens. I never talk about it with my dad, but I do some with my mom now. Since I never had it in my teens, I don't think I can use him as an indicator on getting rid of it! Anyway, my mom knows how self conscious I am, so they no longer make comments to me about my acne....nor do they say I'll outgrow it. My mom now tells me that I need to find ways to cope with it knowing that I may be dealing with this for a long time if not forever.

My mum had bad acne, which I think left when she went on the pill in her early twenties. My eldest brother had bad acne too and I think he also outgrew that in his early twenties. I'm 20 in a week, so I'm praying I follow the same pattern!

I've never asked my parents if/when they had/grew out of acne. I don't know if I want to know...hmmmmm.

That is a good point about medications too, if i stopped using them tommorow would all the good they have done for me be undone? Or have I actually outgrown it? I'll keep applying the BP just in case, despite my lovely black hair going ginger every other week.