Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

Why is it that when a scar forms, there are no ways to get rid of it...

Why is this so? I wanna ask cause i got some bad scarring on my cheeks. Technology is so modern today, cant they find some way to reprogram the skin cells to grow normally so that we have scarless skin once again? I really hope that they have some breakthrough technology in the near future to help people with acne scars as im one of them and fully understand the torment that people with them are going through( and thats not to say acne scars are rare, its very commonplace in my opinion )...

isnt there any way to have smooth skin again? come to think of it, its not farfetch that scientist can reprogram skin cells so that they become normal rather then damaged. I know maybe im keeping my hopes high cause i have scarring myself but i really wish that there really is a "MIRACLE CURE" for scars...

the thing is, acne scars are not high on the priority list when it comes to medical science.

Probably because scars are not 'life threatening'. The whole acne situation itself is low on the totem pole. If they really wanted to find a cure, i think they couldve by now.

I agree that they don't put enough into acne scarring and other forms of scarring. I read an extract on how stem cells were used on burn victims, then it went onto say "but they realised to true potential was in treating wrinkles and aged skin" i think that is disgusting, they are saying screw the burns victims and other scarring, we should concentrate on where the real money is at e.g. wrinkles and aged skin...

I don't know about being able to cure acne scarring just yet though... maybe in ten years they will be able to, but i think they yet don't have the technology perfected even if they wanted to..

I agree that they don't put enough into acne scarring and other forms of scarring. I read an extract on how stem cells were used on burn victims, then it went onto say "but they realised to true potential was in treating wrinkles and aged skin" i think that is disgusting, they are saying screw the burns victims and other scarring, we should concentrate on where the real money is at e.g. wrinkles and aged skin...

I don't know about being able to cure acne scarring just yet though... maybe in ten years they will be able to, but i think they yet don't have the technology perfected even if they wanted to..

arrgghh it irritates me that they are doing it for money rather then helping those who really needs it like for those burn victims, its just so unethical. I just hope that they develop some breakthrough technology like you said maybe in 10 years time...

I tried Julie robins TCA Latte works good on me. My shallow scar getting better and the scar on the left cheek use to be deeper than the one on the right. I tried Retin-a but never got improve, but TCA latte make my scar look so much better. I don't know what she put on that cream. I don't care but it works and no down time. I didn't put it overnight, but until my scars look so red and then I put Alba botanica kelp renewal cream plus neosporin. I just bought revive samples from ebay I will try that and will let you know. All my daily regimen I'm using korean cosmetic, since it is gentle for my skin and I never breakout using korean products.

The way that I know about scar, need time and patient and I believe you can make least noticeable after time. My sister she is a dermatologist, I'm still learning.

Next month I'm going to try the apeel correct and let you know