Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

TCA peel advice

hi. I've decided to get one of those TCA home kits for my scars n red marks. I've read that there quite effective and easy to do + there dead cheap compared to other treatments that have to be done at a clinic such as laser ect..

I was gonna go for this: http://www.perfectpeelsolutions.com/gallery1.htm and start off with the 25% strenght one.

Did anyone ever buy one of their peels? if not what other company would you recommend? I dnt wanna buy off ebay though cause from a dedicated skin site im sure everything will be much more professional.

So any advice, tips, what to expect ect..??

Advice: Don't do it if you have Asian or darker skin tone without professional guidance.

Read ALL the instructions on the website, including the two week pre-peel prep! It's all there. I just read it. ;) It has good information. I've not bought from that site, though. Just read everything and be very confident and sure you want to do this.

I'd recommend a 12.5% for your first peel, so you could go ahead and buy the 25% but dilute it with distilled water, per their instructions. You'd have to email for their dilution instructions to get the right strength.

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS. Can't say that enough! :)

Advice: Don't do it if you have Asian or darker skin tone without professional guidance.

Read ALL the instructions on the website, including the two week pre-peel prep! It's all there. I just read it. ;) It has good information. I've not bought from that site, though. Just read everything and be very confident and sure you want to do this.

I'd recommend a 12.5% for your first peel, so you could go ahead and buy the 25% but dilute it with distilled water, per their instructions. You'd have to email for their dilution instructions to get the right strength.

READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS. Can't say that enough! :)

TCA is good, but it will take several SPACED peels of TCA to give you any results. They won't do much at all for deep scars and they'll soften smaller scars. Over time, they may help more for some than other people. A series of superficial peels is quite effective and far safer than a few deep ones.

Please always remember sunscreen.

What are you doing for the two week prep?

I was happy with my TCA peel.

I was even happier with the CROSS.

I dunno what im gonna do for a prep, to be honest i dnt think ill do anything. On some sites i've read that its advised to use retin a for 2 week before making a peel, but iv tried that in the past and all its done its irritate my face so i see no point in using it anymore :/

If i get the 25% one i could dilute it to like 18% or 12% and use that concentration. btw how many ppels do you think it would take to see good results from these procedures and how far apart should i space them??

oh n i also read this:

Q: Are there any changes in my cosmetic routine that will change forever?

A: Yes, you should always expect to wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Starting out with new habits will insure your having a more beautiful complexion! Forever.

Are they serious about having to waer sunblock forever...

I dunno what im gonna do for a prep, to be honest i dnt think ill do anything. On some sites i've read that its advised to use retin a for 2 week before making a peel, but iv tried that in the past and all its done its irritate my face so i see no point in using it anymore :/

If i get the 25% one i could dilute it to like 18% or 12% and use that concentration. btw how many ppels do you think it would take to see good results from these procedures and how far apart should i space them??

oh n i also read this:

Q: Are there any changes in my cosmetic routine that will change forever?

A: Yes, you should always expect to wear a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Starting out with new habits will insure your having a more beautiful complexion! Forever.

Are they serious about having to waer sunblock forever...

I have TCA 15% done myself. Nothing happen to me. My skin just peel a litte bit but doesn't burn at all. I'm using retin-a almost for 3 years untill i decided to go with TCA.

After TCA I put Alba Botanica cream something with the kelp since I can't afford cream delamer :)

Does anyone know if I can peel my skin often with TCA 15% or even 25% like 3 times a week? and when can I use my retin A after the treatmeant. My skin seems no response to TCA maybe because I use Retin-A 0.1 for years?

I have TCA 15% done myself. Nothing happen to me. My skin just peel a litte bit but doesn't burn at all. I'm using retin-a almost for 3 years untill i decided to go with TCA.

After TCA I put Alba Botanica cream something with the kelp since I can't afford cream delamer :)

Does anyone know if I can peel my skin often with TCA 15% or even 25% like 3 times a week? and when can I use my retin A after the treatmeant. My skin seems no response to TCA maybe because I use Retin-A 0.1 for years?

Oops my bad, i didnt read that part hehe :doh:

So the plan so far is this:

• 2 weeks prep with a glycolic cleanser.

Dilute the some of the 25% to like 15%/18% and make 1 peel, see how it goes after a few weeks time.

The thing with the site i found is that the only have 12% or 25% and 12 is mild while 25 is hardcore. Dunno if i should get the 12 or the 25 and dilute to be honest, 12 is prob the mildest that can be bought online and that's good in a scense that you can let your skin get acoustomed(spelling) to the acid starting with low concentrations + if something goes wrong with the peel, since its the first time, its much better for that to happen with a lower concentration of acid, yes i know, do a test patch before :P.

But on the other hand if the 12 isnt enough then its such a waste to buy the bottle for just a couple of uses :/ I know that multiple layers of 12% can be performed but im guessing its never gonna be as effective as appling say 1 peel of 18%.

If you have pale, Caucasian skin, go ahead and get the 25% and dilute it. Please ask them for instructions; I would guess it would be one part of distilled water to one part of the 25% TCA solution. You could even count drops so that you wouldn't waste any solution. Mix in a separate container, of course, and then throw it away after use unless the website says it doesn't degrade when diluted with distilled water.

The pH of the solution will also matter; the lower it is, the stronger the peel will be. A low pH, more acidic 12.5% peel will give you a decent little superficial peel. A peel of 25% with a higher pH, less acidic, will give you a decent superficial peel.

PLEASE wear gloves and be extremely extremely careful. Have a bowl of ice water ready and a hair dryer that can set on cold in case the pain's excessive for you. I did not find a 20% peel excessive; my eyes watered a bit a few times, my toes curled and I yelled a bit. (Just kidding!)

I'd recommend a glycolic toner, actually. Something like Aqua Glycolic's toner; it's 10% glycolic acid. It might sting you at first. The first time I used my Avon product in the sig, all those things above that I joked about I did, actually (except the yelling part).

And do your peeling in a lockable bathroom without pets or friends or relatives nearby. I can't imagine the horror and remorse you'd feel if you got some accidentally on a pet or relative.

Just be careful and deliberate in your movements. Don't hold the TCA bottle in your hand while you're getting drops from it.

Oh, when you're done, recap the bottles, don't put the dropper bottle top back on. over time, the acid will corrode the dropper top. Bleh. ;) Don't ask how I know....

And I don't know anything about perfect peel solutions. I bought my 20% TCA from Platinum Skin Care. I bought my 100% TCA from mytcapeel.com. The 20% TCA is advertised at a certain lowish pH, but it seemed to be more buffered as I didn't peel as much as I expected to. Perhaps next time I'll try layering!

The 100% TCA gave me erythema right away, stung like freaking mad on the tiny little spots I CROSS'd and scabbed up within three days. It was highly effective. That being said, I would think (but I might be wrong) that their 20 or 25% TCA solutions might also be a very low pH and thus MUCH stronger than Platinum Skin Care's.

If you have pale, Caucasian skin, go ahead and get the 25% and dilute it. Please ask them for instructions; I would guess it would be one part of distilled water to one part of the 25% TCA solution. You could even count drops so that you wouldn't waste any solution. Mix in a separate container, of course, and then throw it away after use unless the website says it doesn't degrade when diluted with distilled water.

The pH of the solution will also matter; the lower it is, the stronger the peel will be. A low pH, more acidic 12.5% peel will give you a decent little superficial peel. A peel of 25% with a higher pH, less acidic, will give you a decent superficial peel.

PLEASE wear gloves and be extremely extremely careful. Have a bowl of ice water ready and a hair dryer that can set on cold in case the pain's excessive for you. I did not find a 20% peel excessive; my eyes watered a bit a few times, my toes curled and I yelled a bit. (Just kidding!)

I'd recommend a glycolic toner, actually. Something like Aqua Glycolic's toner; it's 10% glycolic acid. It might sting you at first. The first time I used my Avon product in the sig, all those things above that I joked about I did, actually (except the yelling part).

And do your peeling in a lockable bathroom without pets or friends or relatives nearby. I can't imagine the horror and remorse you'd feel if you got some accidentally on a pet or relative.

Just be careful and deliberate in your movements. Don't hold the TCA bottle in your hand while you're getting drops from it.

Oh, when you're done, recap the bottles, don't put the dropper bottle top back on. over time, the acid will corrode the dropper top. Bleh. ;) Don't ask how I know....

Cool! The peel prep's an important part of the peel process. The glycolic acid helps exfoliate the outer layer of skin, making the stratum corneum more even so that the TCA peel will be able to penetrate more uniformly across the surface of your face.

It really makes a difference! i can't imagine I'd have had as nice results if I hadn't already been using glycolic acid.

I can say that the glycolic acid and a retinoid alone in addition to the TCA CROSS and the one peel I did have helped my scarring quite a lot. Some scars show as much as 25% improvement. Do be positive. :) BUT not over expecting, either.

I checked out your site and the kits are there twice as expensive than from perfectpeel + they dont include the sunscreen, antibiotics n stuff :think:

I hope the perfectpeel ones arent a gimic or something since there so cheap.

another minor :P thing is that iv been on accutane 3 and 1/2ish months ago. but i was only on accutane for 2 months not the complete 6 months. I know your supposed to wait 6 months after tane to perform a peel but since my course was only 2 months i think 4 months of waiting time is more than enough.

So once a month, maybe I'm too agressive want to get rid of my scar. How long did you put it on for the 20%? for the 15% I put it on for 3minutes maybe too short?

Also I just bought 100% TCA bettercomplexions. Has anyone have experience buying from this seller since the 100%TCA just $16???Is this real?

Also someone mention EGF cream after peeling? I went to Revive web site and get their free samples. I hope that will work good for my skin.

So once a month, maybe I'm too agressive want to get rid of my scar. How long did you put it on for the 20%? for the 15% I put it on for 3minutes maybe too short?

Also I just bought 100% TCA bettercomplexions. Has anyone have experience buying from this seller since the 100%TCA just $16???Is this real?

Also someone mention EGF cream after peeling? I went to Revive web site and get their free samples. I hope that will work good for my skin.

The 100% I will use it sparingly on the bad scar only. Other than that I will to do it once a month on the 15% to see if is that going to work.

I checked out your site and the kits are there twice as expensive than from perfectpeel + they dont include the sunscreen, antibiotics n stuff :think:

I hope the perfectpeel ones arent a gimic or something since there so cheap.

another minor :P thing is that iv been on accutane 3 and 1/2ish months ago. but i was only on accutane for 2 months not the complete 6 months. I know your supposed to wait 6 months after tane to perform a peel but since my course was only 2 months i think 4 months of waiting time is more than enough.

About the TCA 100% I'm thinking about diluted to at least 35%. I don't think I need high dose of TCA. I just need to make my scar a little bit red so I can put the egf cream, and my scar is not that bad mostly shallow, but the lighting sometimes can make my scar look bad.

Long time ago, I got my dermatologist did phenol test 1 or 2 scar, wasn't that good for me, but for sure my skin is really tough, 15% TCA just sting a little and did nothing, but Julie TCA Latte though was really make my skin peeling. Anyone know the tca concentration on Julie TCA Latte?

About the TCA 100% I'm thinking about diluted to at least 35%. I don't think I need high dose of TCA. I just need to make my scar a little bit red so I can put the egf cream, and my scar is not that bad mostly shallow, but the lighting sometimes can make my scar look bad.

Long time ago, I got my dermatologist did phenol test 1 or 2 scar, wasn't that good for me, but for sure my skin is really tough, 15% TCA just sting a little and did nothing, but Julie TCA Latte though was really make my skin peeling. Anyone know the tca concentration on Julie TCA Latte?