Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soccer89

Cysts to Red Marks: 1/3 done with accutane course

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else who's dealt with accutane for severe acne has dealt with the bad red marks that follow up with the cysts decreasing?

I started off my treatment 60 days ago with severe acne on the sides of my face and neck region, and now most of the actual inflamed pimples are gone, and smoothed out, but the red marks that are there are just as bad looking if not worse than the actual acne! I'm just wondering from other people's experiences, how long it takes for the red marks to fade and actually start looking normal again? Is there any thing I can do right now to make the red marks decrease?

That being said, I'm happy with the fact my cysts are down, I just want to start looking like I used to again. Thanks

2-6 months for redmarks. Using a glycolic acid cleanser (when your finished accutane) will help to clear them faster. Note that redmarks do leave tho :).

2-6 months for redmarks. Using a glycolic acid cleanser (when your finished accutane) will help to clear them faster. Note that redmarks do leave tho :).

can you use glycolic acid cleanser while using accutane?? I've been using it for months now but just yesterday i started using accutane...And i wonder if i should stop or what..What you think??

I would stop. Accutane drys the face out. I would not risk using a product like glycolic acid while on accutane. It might do some damage... not help. Let accutane work its magic.

I'v had some marks clear up within two months and some that have been hanging around for almost a year. On my chest they are red marks with like a little scar tissue in it that almost seems like it is a pimple to be popped...but it aint, i'v tried :doh: