Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iluvcott0ncandii♥

Can i use makeup with Dan's regimen?

:shifty: Hi there!

I am on Dan's regimen and i know that i need to do the regimen twice a day, but i go to school and i use makeup,so i don't know if it's ok to use Dan's products and makeup together...can anyone help please!!!

Is i ok or not??? :think:

I'd like to hear about this too. Is there anyone that is within a few weeks/months of the Regimen that still wears makeup? I'm only a couple of days into this and I wear make up to work.

Read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

I think the majority of women do wear makeup while on the Regimen, and some of the guys as well.

The trick is finding something that will go on over the bp/moist. without balling up or flaking off or looking fake.

I think it's also wise to try to stay away from thick foundations. The more sheer products seem to work and look better, in my opinion.

Be sure any cosmetics you use are oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Most days I don't wear foundation at all, just maybe a bit of powder for shine control. But I have used Almay Smart Shade successfully.

You might visit our Cosmetics Forum for other people's advice.

I hope this helps! :)

Thanks Brandy. Today is my third day of the regimen, and I'm totally frustrated. I have been looking in the cosmetics forum..and it has been a help. I went out and bought a new foundation last night that I thought would match my skin...but I noticed in a different light, its too dark..so I'm going go to back tonight and get a lighter shade. You like Almay? I'll have to look into their foundation. I did buy some of their coverup, and I used it this morning and it wasn't bad..but I've just broken out worse than usual since I started the regimen..hence the frustration. Again, thanks

Yes I wore makeup when starting DKR. I use mineral makeup (see my sig).

The cosmetics forum was very helpful to me and still is. We're really nice in there too ;):D

Yes I wore makeup when starting DKR. I use mineral makeup (see my sig).

The cosmetics forum was very helpful to me and still is. We're really nice in there too ;):D

Read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

I think the majority of women do wear makeup while on the Regimen, and some of the guys as well.

The trick is finding something that will go on over the bp/moist. without balling up or flaking off or looking fake.

I think it's also wise to try to stay away from thick foundations. The more sheer products seem to work and look better, in my opinion.

Be sure any cosmetics you use are oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Most days I don't wear foundation at all, just maybe a bit of powder for shine control. But I have used Almay Smart Shade successfully.

You might visit our Cosmetics Forum for other people's advice.

I hope this helps! :)

Just want to add that make sure you are absolutely dry-free. Makeup and dryness do not mix at ALL, and looks so terrible, no matter how bad your acne is.

Moisturize a bit more than you think you need to, apply a green foundation as base, and then a liquid foundation on top. The improvement is more than miraculous.

Just want to add that make sure you are absolutely dry-free. Makeup and dryness do not mix at ALL, and looks so terrible, no matter how bad your acne is.

Moisturize a bit more than you think you need to, apply a green foundation as base, and then a liquid foundation on top. The improvement is more than miraculous.

what's green foundation?