Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lamarr1986

Anyone heard of this?

Whilst searching for more info on my random scars that appear on my face i stumbled across this. i Have no idea how old this is but it sounds as if it would work pretty well on acne scarring? Obviously they (the medical field) probably take the treatement of serve facial fatloss more seriously than acne scaring, thus make more effort into correcting it.. anyway have a read...

New-Fill

New-Fill (polylactic acid, PLA), given by injections every 2-3 weeks, has shown promising results in correcting the effect of facial fat loss. Most people require 4–5 sets of injections but severe cases may require more sessions.

New-Fill does not replace fat but generates new collagen growth. The effect is that essentially your skin grows thicker, sometimes by up to 1cm. This process continues for months after the injections have finished.

There is already some access to New-Fill on the NHS in some of the larger HIV clinics. These include Brighton, Manchester, and Ealing and St Mary’s in London. The London HIV Consortium agreed to fund New-Fill in 2005 for patients registered at London clinics.

Access to treatment is clearly not equally available throughout the UK. Although access should continue to improve, you may have to lobby hard, or even change clinic in order to access this treatment.

Private treatment costs approximately £400 per set of injections. Private treatment should ONLY be from a practitioner with experience of HIV-related lipoatrophy. UK HIV treatment guidelines recommend that corrective treatment such as New-Fill or surgery should be provided on the NHS.

Now the interesting part to me was the second parragraph.... What do you guys think?

I think this is the same substance as Sculptra. Some patients get very lumpy results from that, so be careful!

That does sound like Sculptura. I looked into Sculptura and it was very expensive and very temporary. I saw a chart on the results that could be expected and the tissue thickness drops off rapidly. Not very feasible for a person with moderate to severe scarring.

Whilst searching for more info on my random scars that appear on my face i stumbled across this. i Have no idea how old this is but it sounds as if it would work pretty well on acne scarring? Obviously they (the medical field) probably take the treatement of serve facial fatloss more seriously than acne scaring, thus make more effort into correcting it.. anyway have a read...

New-Fill

New-Fill (polylactic acid, PLA), given by injections every 2-3 weeks, has shown promising results in correcting the effect of facial fat loss. Most people require 4–5 sets of injections but severe cases may require more sessions.

New-Fill does not replace fat but generates new collagen growth. The effect is that essentially your skin grows thicker, sometimes by up to 1cm. This process continues for months after the injections have finished.

There is already some access to New-Fill on the NHS in some of the larger HIV clinics. These include Brighton, Manchester, and Ealing and St Mary’s in London. The London HIV Consortium agreed to fund New-Fill in 2005 for patients registered at London clinics.

Access to treatment is clearly not equally available throughout the UK. Although access should continue to improve, you may have to lobby hard, or even change clinic in order to access this treatment.

Private treatment costs approximately £400 per set of injections. Private treatment should ONLY be from a practitioner with experience of HIV-related lipoatrophy. UK HIV treatment guidelines recommend that corrective treatment such as New-Fill or surgery should be provided on the NHS.

Now the interesting part to me was the second parragraph.... What do you guys think?

It's been around for quite a few years. After researching it, it is no better than your temp filler as far as results and longevity. Don't expect anything dramatic.

Yes - and it is very temporary. I saw a chart on the efficacy of sculptura and it appeared the results drop off very quickly and are gone within about a year. In addition, one cc cost $1,000 at that time, a couple of years ago.