Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juzy789

i need a peel or somthing cuz...yuck.

OVERVIEW:

so i have been on dkr for like 13 days now.i have to say i have seen alot of improvement. when i started, i was getting at least one inflamed pimple a day but after some nasty ones surfaced last week(including on next to my lip..yea i know lovely) i haven' got any new pimples that i can see since last Wednesday so...5 days ago. i still have ALOT of red spots though so my face still looks like crap.

WHATS BOTHERING ME is that my face is so dry. i have really oily skin so you can't actually see like white flakes but its just scaly n ugh. and whats worse is the dead top layer f my skin is darker than the rest of my face. i exfoliated once last week with st ives scub very gently and it removed some dead skin but not all of it. so now it looks like i have dirt patches on ym face like where i didnt wash. :confused: because he dead skin is darker. i bought a gentle skin sponge from cvs tonight and exfoliated gently befire i washed my face and it helped a little but there are still patches.as for pimples i onli have three red stubborn one as that are so damn difficult. they are all right next to each other.

ANY ADVICE???? i dnt want to WALK AROUND LIKE I HAVE DIRT PATCHES ON MY FACE

thanks

You would probably benefit from one of the AHA moisturizers. You might consider switching your moisturizer to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion or Lac-Hydrin Five. They will exfoliate and moisturize at the same time.

if i just stick with dan's moisturizer will it get better eventually? i really like the moisturizer especially its texture

if i just stick with dan's moisturizer will it get better eventually? i really like the moisturizer especially its texture

It may. You can wait it out and see.

you can try the baby brush method, i bought mine at the dollar store. Just make sure you change it once a month and sterilize it with boiling water once a week and wash it with antibacterial soap prior to every use. I use it every night but its prefer every other night. You will exfoliate nicely with it trust me. For extra dryness i prefer jojoba oil, they sell one at trader's joe for $7 for a desert essence 4oz. Hope it helps. I'm also trying their night cream, have any1 tried it will it break me out?

p.s. you very pretty. Even without acne im still ugly lol =(

OVERVIEW:

so i have been on dkr for like 13 days now.i have to say i have seen alot of improvement. when i started, i was getting at least one inflamed pimple a day but after some nasty ones surfaced last week(including on next to my lip..yea i know lovely) i haven' got any new pimples that i can see since last Wednesday so...5 days ago. i still have ALOT of red spots though so my face still looks like crap.

WHATS BOTHERING ME is that my face is so dry. i have really oily skin so you can't actually see like white flakes but its just scaly n ugh. and whats worse is the dead top layer f my skin is darker than the rest of my face. i exfoliated once last week with st ives scub very gently and it removed some dead skin but not all of it. so now it looks like i have dirt patches on ym face like where i didnt wash. :confused: because he dead skin is darker. i bought a gentle skin sponge from cvs tonight and exfoliated gently befire i washed my face and it helped a little but there are still patches.as for pimples i onli have three red stubborn one as that are so damn difficult. they are all right next to each other.

thanks

-Yes I know what your going through. I'm particularly in the same situation as you and I started the regimen recently (oct.10). I know about the dry, uncomfortable patches that are in certain parts of your face that feel like sandpaper to the touch. I also broke out a little bit, maybe due to the dryness.

-What you should do is keep doing the same old routine since you started the regimen.

Cleanse,Bp and Moisturize. Eventually the dryness will subside. It may take some time for that to happen since your skin is getting used to bp. I would stay away from exfoliating if I were you because that can cause some extra irritation and even more dryness.

- Also yes, you can still stick with Dan's moisturizer but in my opinion I do find that "Lac-Hydrin Five" is a little more moisturizing than Dan's moisturizer. Even though a bit thick in texture, it seems to combat dryness better and doesnt sting my skin as much as dan's moisturizer. It also has very mild alpha hydroxy (when used over a period of months) will take care of the uneven skin tone,dryness etc...

aww thanx but dnt talk bad about ur self. im sure ur not ugly in the slightest =]

OVERVIEW:

thanks

-Yes I know what your going through. I'm particularly in the same situation as you and I started the regimen recently (oct.10). I know about the dry, uncomfortable patches that are in certain parts of your face that feel like sandpaper to the touch. I also broke out a little bit, maybe due to the dryness.

-What you should do is keep doing the same old routine since you started the regimen.

Cleanse,Bp and Moisturize. Eventually the dryness will subside. It may take some time for that to happen since your skin is getting used to bp. I would stay away from exfoliating if I were you because that can cause some extra irritation and even more dryness.

- Also yes, you can still stick with Dan's moisturizer but in my opinion I do find that "Lac-Hydrin Five" is a little more moisturizing than Dan's moisturizer. Even though a bit thick in texture, it seems to combat dryness better and doesnt sting my skin as much as dan's moisturizer. It also has very mild alpha hydroxy (when used over a period of months) will take care of the uneven skin tone,dryness etc...

thanx so much!