Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

Bactrim and minocycline?

hi, can you use bactrim and minocycline together? ive been on minocycline for about 2 years, my acne was severe, its now mild to moderate...depending on the day. however i feel that minocycline is wearing off in its effectiveness as ive been using it for so long. im not sure if its controlling my acne or im just slowly growing out of it (18.5 years old now). i want to go on bactrim, as ive heard so many good reviews on it all over the internet. can i go on bactrim and stay on minocycline, or do i have to drop the mino? thanks

hi, can you use bactrim and minocycline together? ive been on minocycline for about 2 years, my acne was severe, its now mild to moderate...depending on the day. however i feel that minocycline is wearing off in its effectiveness as ive been using it for so long. im not sure if its controlling my acne or im just slowly growing out of it (18.5 years old now). i want to go on bactrim, as ive heard so many good reviews on it all over the internet. can i go on bactrim and stay on minocycline, or do i have to drop the mino? thanks

Stop the minocycline and start on bactrim. It's not a great idea to be taking two antibiotics at once. I went from mino to bactrim...I just skipped the mino for a day and started on the bactrim. I was reluctant to take it at first, but it works extremely well. Hope it helps you out.

A high dosage or normal dosage of Bactrim will STOMP Minocycline. I see no reason to take Mino, when you're taking the next best thing to Accutane. :)