Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPizzle

Red creases

I've seem to developed these red creases from each bottom end of my nose to the end of both sides of my mouth. Sometimes they flare up and get redder. Anyone ever heard of this or seen it? How do i treat this?

Thank you.

As you're having an appointment with your derm soon, your derm will be able to help you out with that. There are many reasons for the irritation you describe.

One thing that will help now is to use a gentle cleanser when you wash. Use warm, not hot, water when washing as hot water just increases inflammation.

As you're having an appointment with your derm soon, your derm will be able to help you out with that. There are many reasons for the irritation you describe.

One thing that will help now is to use a gentle cleanser when you wash. Use warm, not hot, water when washing as hot water just increases inflammation.

Dammit! The insurance wasn't the right one for the doc and the only way they could have seen me was if I paid 140 bucks which i didnt have,

What can I do for red marks? They're pretty red.

Make another appointment with a derm that accepts your insurance.

In the interim, you need to treat your skin gently. I wouldn't jump into using an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) product while you have redness, particularly the redness you described that follows the nasolabial folds. That does sound like irritation. You'd be better off using warm water, a mild cleanser like Purpose or Cetaphil, and a gentle moisturizer like Purpose or Cetaphil.