Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyza

Anyone here with acne HAVE a gf/bf?

after the last post about not having a gf/bf i went out and actually hunted for a girl...now i don't have just one girl i have two! So im making this post so you ppl can write down all your success stories and make all us acne sufferers feel confident and better about ourselves.

Yes I have :)

We have been going out for 1yr and 2 months already. I guess when you get to know a person, and if your character really shines through, and if you have a positive outlook in life, people will generally be attracted :)

I mean come on, everyone grows old, everyone will have wrinkles and saggy skin when we grow old, and I doubt i will want to spend my precious life with someone that loves me just because i got perfect skin (not that i have), and not love me when i start getting old.

I have been with my man for 3 years and he thinks I am beautiful acne or not. Glad to hear you are out meeting people and dating more than one person is fine as long as your not seriously committed to one of them. It is not your acne that keeps people at bay it's the wall we all put up due to a lack in self esteem.

i don't really do the whole 'boyfriend' thing right now... but i definitely am seeing a few different boys (don't worry, they all know they're not the only one). so acne is definitely not an impediment to getting what you want romantically, you just have to be confident and aggressive, something i thankfully learned back when my skin was clear, otherwise i'm sure i wouldn't be able to do it now.

I'm currently involved with this girl who has ditched her CLEAR SKINNED boyfriend for me. I won't lie it is harder when you have crappy/crappier skin and tonight I saw her and felt really bad cos I had a really big spot (even though I have like only 3 or 4 active pimples) but she didn't seem to care.

Yeah it sucks but ultimately personality is a really really important aspect of a connection and it clearly matters.

Also I was thinking today when was the last time I had a good few girls like me and I remembered. Then it also hit me that was when I was having SEVERE acne and these two hot girls liked me. I guess it was because back then I'd been clear skinned and was outgoing and funny, something which acne took away from me for a while.

I've dated more people and broken more hearts than I truly can remember. My current lover is the pick of the bunch. We met in March and he sent me a Valentine because he wanted to make up for the fact that we weren't together on that day.

Acne be damned!

I know plenty of people with acne who've had plenty of boyfriends. I've had plenty of boyfriends, with and without acne. It all depends on personality and attitude.

If you hide in your room or house, of course you're not going to meet anyone. And you'll get less and less able to socialize. Get out there and practice! What's the worst that could happen? You're not going to die if someone rejects you! Sure rejection sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

after the last post about not having a gf/bf i went out and actually hunted for a girl...now i don't have just one girl i have two! So im making this post so you ppl can write down all your success stories and make all us acne sufferers feel confident and better about ourselves.

Sorta seeing someone. I'm not sure if I could rightly call her a "girlfriend" yet.

I refuse to allow my acne to keep me from dating. Or from living my life in general, for that matter.

Sorta seeing someone. I'm not sure if I could rightly call her a "girlfriend" yet.

I refuse to allow my acne to keep me from dating. Or from living my life in general, for that matter.

Thanks!

Doesn't keep me from obsessively checking the mirror like a teenage girl before I leave the house, but...yeah. >.>

I'm currently involved with this girl who has ditched her CLEAR SKINNED boyfriend for me. I won't lie it is harder when you have crappy/crappier skin and tonight I saw her and felt really bad cos I had a really big spot (even though I have like only 3 or 4 active pimples) but she didn't seem to care.

Yeah it sucks but ultimately personality is a really really important aspect of a connection and it clearly matters.

Also I was thinking today when was the last time I had a good few girls like me and I remembered. Then it also hit me that was when I was having SEVERE acne and these two hot girls liked me. I guess it was because back then I'd been clear skinned and was outgoing and funny, something which acne took away from me for a while.

I have a boyfriend who is handsome and fun as well as very good to me. I have known him for two years and we've been dating for almost 11 months now. I am deeply in love with this man and we plan to get married in a few years. He makes me feel beautiful and sexy even though I have acne and scars (i'm not unattractive and I have nice features, acne makes me feel ugly most of the time) So in a sense he is healing me as my skin heals. I don't wear face powder anymore because I found that no matter how non-comedogenic , oil free etc the makeup is i still breakout worse with anything else but cetaphil lotion and BP on my face. I guess I have super sensitive skin, but yeah. To all of you out there, don't be down because you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Chances are if you went out more, a bar, a concert, an art gallery show, the mall you would be exposed to people and heighten your chances of finding someone who sees your beauty or attractiveness deeper than what acne makes your skin look like. They will fall in love with the true you. Acne doesn't make you who you are; it only serves to make it more difficult to show the world the real you in a way that makes you feel confident about your self-image.

Yep, I met my boyfriend this summer. I can have the most horrendous flare-ups and he still calls me beautiful.

His stubble REALLY irritates the skin on my chin though. It is red and raw after kissing him! No gain without pain I suppose. :think:

I have a boyfriend of 6 years. He's seen me relatively clear through coated in cysts.

He has severe acne on his back, and hid it from me for about the first 9 months of our relationship, and you know what? When I accidentally found it, all I wanted to do was hug him and make it go away. (I was relatively clear at that point.)

I was also relatively clear when I was with my boyfriend before him and that boyfriend had severe acne on his face. I fell so hard for him, I never even noticed he had acne until a jealous guy friend pointed it out.

I've only had 2 boyfriends, but with my record, I'm betting any others would have a nasty case of acne, too, and I still wouldnt give a damn.

I have a girlfriend :) (clear skinned :P)

my acne isn't that bad anymore(extermely mild).. but we actually fell in love when i had moderate acne! so it doesn't really matter wether you have acne or not :)

just dont try to hook up with bitchy clear skinned girls(there aren't that many at my school.. but they exist anyway)

i had a girfriend about 4 years...

i broke up with her and some months ago i almost pregnant her mother in her fathers house/bed!!!!! 48 years old LOL this is not a joke!

i will always regreat that, my ex-girlfriend was my only love :/

i had a girfriend about 4 years...

i broke up with her and some months ago i almost pregnant her mother in her fathers house/bed!!!!! 48 years old LOL this is not a joke!

i will always regreat that, my ex-girlfriend was my only love :/

Well, I am not seeing anyone seriously but I am seeing someone. And he doesn't seem to care one bit about my skin. He seems to be gaga over me and thinks I'm beautiful. I'm not ready for a relationship anytime soon but this is proof that you can still attract people - acne/scars or not - if you are confident and happy with yourself. I have a couple of male friends that have been hitting on me the last few months, even when I had pretty bad acne! (Granted, I'd like them to stop, I don't see them like that). But I just refuse to let it hold me back.