Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Had acne since I was 14 and Im now 23 :(. This is probably the mildest Ive had it but probably the worst for me as I notice it more now. Clusters of whiteheads on both sides of chin with a few on my jaw line and occassional neck acne.

Derm refused me Tane on monday but GP says I can see someone else and get it off them. GP was only happy to refer me to a derm once he was happy Id tried evrything, so yes Ive done the cyclins and the topicals. Also done peels, microdermabrasions, red & yellow lights, regimens, allergy testing, I dont drink or smoke, I also drink 6 pints of water per day.

Is there an answer? Or do I just go and see another derm?

Had acne since I was 14 and Im now 23 :(. This is probably the mildest Ive had it but probably the worst for me as I notice it more now. Clusters of whiteheads on both sides of chin with a few on my jaw line and occassional neck acne.

Derm refused me Tane on monday but GP says I can see someone else and get it off them. GP was only happy to refer me to a derm once he was happy Id tried evrything, so yes Ive done the cyclins and the topicals. Also done peels, microdermabrasions, red & yellow lights, regimens, allergy testing, I dont drink or smoke, I also drink 6 pints of water per day.

Is there an answer? Or do I just go and see another derm?

In my case I found exfoliation to be a big help as regards whiteheads. I use the babybrush method - it's well worth reading this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-offic...ng-t140618.html

and cos a big problem area for me are the sides of my chin, I'm trying something that came up here recently in a different post that suggested this might have something to do with "toothpaste sensitivity"...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/A-Simple-...rk-t175532.html (about half way down)

Might be something to consider. Basically - don't give up. This forum has a genuine wealth of alternatives. I hope you find something that works for you! :)