Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
default_user

It's been 3 years, 1 day since my last date

I was looking through my calendar program and cleaning out old entries when I saw the reminder that I had a dinner date exactly 3 years and 1 day ago. That didn't work out (for personality reasons) and since then, I've not made any effort to ask anyone else out. I don't think I could ask anyone out now; back then my date and I really hit it off so it was fairly easy for me to ask her out after knowing her for a few weeks. Since that time, I haven't made that sort of connection with anyone and I'm not interested in anybody either.

I suppose my skin condition doesn't help things but it doesn't really do much either (it was just as bad back then). I think it's just quite difficult to meet anybody who's romantically interesting now, especially because I'm so busy with grad school. The saddest part of this situation is that she was the only person I've ever asked out on a date, which means I have absolutely no idea about dating aside from my very limited experience with her.

I really could go for being able to observe and learn from other people's dating behaviour.

I've had further "outings" with her but not in the traditional sense of a "date". Eventually it became obvious that our personalities don't match even though they seemed to at first, so it didn't work out.

i am in a similar situation as you. I've only been on 2-3 dates with this person my whole life. Now she will be leaving in a few days to pursue her studies very far away. Now, I'm back to square 1 with no one.

i am in a similar situation as you. I've only been on 2-3 dates with this person my whole life. Now she will be leaving in a few days to pursue her studies very far away. Now, I'm back to square 1 with no one.

I wondered about you when I saw your last post about causation v. correlation...the average bear doesn't get into the intricacies of isolating causation. What are you in grad school for?

I suppose its touched on in high school, but I don't think you'd usually lecture someone about the distinction and the difficulties in isolating it unless you'd delved a little further into the subject on a more advanced level. Maybe its one of those things most people forget.

Maybe once someone does catch your eye it will come naturally? I never minded an awkward guy, its usually the smooth ones you have to worry about. I'm just not sure dating for the sake of dating is a great idea, sounds like a bit of a waste of time if you don't really like the girl.