Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In the past I have labored with DKR and it worked, 100 percent clearance only to have red pimple flareups time and time again...they would subside but it is still annoying, 3 red pimples here etc etc. Recently I started a new program that I read in a book called "The acne cure" written by two doctors about how most acne responds to their cure method. It consists of a salicylic acid wash for 3 minutes followed by a glycolic wash in the morning to exfoliate and break down sebum. And then a salicylic wash to exfoliate, ice to soothe inflammation and finally BP to kill bacteria...within a week and a half my acne had pretty much disappeared...but now I am noticing a flare up...I don't know if it's irritation or what but I want some input on how to modify this so I can get it to work for me. Perhaps Acids and BP the next day...or maybe acids and then one acid and bp at night alternately? I appreciate feedback...thanks a busshel!

so you wash with SA then GA then SA again??????? do you do that in the night too? I think you are over exfoliating and over drying your skin. What about moisturizer?

Try Glycoic acid wash morn and night, and a leave on Salicylic acid lotion. try Leaving PB on the washing off after 20 mins until your irritation clears. But if your skin is red right now, wash with gentle soap and use laoe vera gel for then next couple of days without using the acids.

so you wash with SA then GA then SA again??????? do you do that in the night too? I think you are over exfoliating and over drying your skin. What about moisturizer?

Try Glycoic acid wash morn and night, and a leave on Salicylic acid lotion. try Leaving PB on the washing off after 20 mins until your irritation clears. But if your skin is red right now, wash with gentle soap and use laoe vera gel for then next couple of days without using the acids.

Well in the morning time I wash with Salicylic acid for like 2 minutes followed with the aqua glycolic wash for the same amount of time....and then in the evening I wash with the salicylic acid wash 2 minutes followed by ice packs and cold BP...tonight I cut back on how long i leave SA on my face...i now am washing 30 seconds with SA followed by a waiting period with ice and then bp to reduce irritation

Okay guys I did what must be done and gone back to 2X benzoyl peroxide a day...It has cleared me to 1-2 actives...Now I must deal with the redmark issue...I went to the spa and got the IPL treatment and it did help reduce their concentration but not to a remarkable degree...I am wondering if maybe a permanent makeup procedure would be better...If anyone has experience with it sound off here! I'd love to hear what it was like etc

Okay I am pleased to report that the cold fusion method works as a body regimen! SA wash followed by the GA wash in the mornin and SA wash in the evening and spot treat blemishes...I use Aqua Glycolic Facial Wash and DDF SA wash...I am currently using BP on the face cause it doesn't work on the face as well (although it initially cleared me up VERY well) my face eventually couldn't tolerate it. But good news for body acne!