Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goinggoinggone

Just a rant/trying to rid myself of blah-ness

This past year I have experienced the clearest skin I've ever had within the past seven years. It wasn't perfect, but I was bearable, and I was happy with it. And suddenly, with the course of about a month, that's all changed. it's as horrible as it's always been.

I am tired of feeling so ugly, of being too sweet and letting people step on me because I fear that no one will love me any other way.

I am tired of having my family fixate on it, and make me feel even uglier and more defective that I already feel. I wish they would accept it. It's hard enough to not accept yourself, but it's worse when others don't because they just validate all the negative things you say to yourself.

I am tired of being made to feel like it is my fault. I am tired of people saying "just do this" or "just do that". I am tired of feeling defective.

I just want to feel pretty, to be able to go outside with confidence and not feel like a monster, to be able to go out with people without fearing that they will hate me because I am so unattractive.

I wish that I could have the experience of feeling some self worth.

This past year I have experienced the clearest skin I've ever had within the past seven years. It wasn't perfect, but I was bearable, and I was happy with it. And suddenly, with the course of about a month, that's all changed. it's as horrible as it's always been.

I am tired of feeling so ugly, of being too sweet and letting people step on me because I fear that no one will love me any other way.

I am tired of having my family fixate on it, and make me feel even uglier and more defective that I already feel. I wish they would accept it. It's hard enough to not accept yourself, but it's worse when others don't because they just validate all the negative things you say to yourself.

I am tired of being made to feel like it is my fault. I am tired of people saying "just do this" or "just do that". I am tired of feeling defective.

I just want to feel pretty, to be able to go outside with confidence and not feel like a monster, to be able to go out with people without fearing that they will hate me because I am so unattractive.

I wish that I could have the experience of feeling some self worth.

I know how you feel! I have a feeling that its mostly in our heads tho... and that our acne isn't ruining our faces as bad as we think.., we tend to be way more critical on ourselfs.

For example.. when I check at older pics of me that i used to find, at the time, extremely ugly, I am surprised to actualy find it pretty good now.

Its pretty weird, but that's what i find. My friends and family all say my acne isnt bad and that I shouldnt even consider accutane like I want to get.

And also on days that i fiind bad "acne" days I even get girls after me.. I'm so surprised because I think i look nasty as hell on those days..

Same thing goes to my friend that also has acne, he often says he has bad acne and I don't even notice it lol

anyways, bottom line, is that you shouldn't feel depressed.. you are not as bad you think and your skin will clear up one day and when you look back you won't think you looked that bad