Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, ladies and gents,

I've been on Clindamycin lotion for the past 5 and a half weeks and it's going really well for me, just have some tiny whiteheads here and there that are clearing away. I was wondering, though - since Clindamycin is an antibiotic, how long will I have before my body becomes immune to it? Is there a specific time when I should start shopping for a milder OTC product to use from then on? I don't want to wait until I start breaking out again to shop for a different product because then that'll mean my pores are all clogged again, and it's taken so many weeks for them to clear.

Another question - would I be able to go on and off of Clindamycin once my skin is clear, say every other two months, so my body doesn't grow immune to it? That sounds stupid, but I want to find a permanent fix, not a temp one. This prescription has been doing so well for me, you know?

Thanks much!

I'm kind of in the same dilemma, I've been using Benzaclin, clindamycin+BP, for about 2 years on and off, but I've been using it everyday for the past 2 months now. I think it has made my comedomal acne stubborn, it controls my acne but it doesn't clear it up. I called my doctor and asked him for Finacea last week, they said they will fax paperwork to longsdrugs. it's been a week now, and every FFRIGN time i call the doctor or longsdrugs, they will say the doctor hasn't replied to our fax yet or vise versa, the doctor will say longsdrugs has not replied to our fax yet... :xxx::xxx::xxx:

I'm kind of in the same dilemma, I've been using Benzaclin, clindamycin+BP, for about 2 years on and off, but I've been using it everyday for the past 2 months now. I think it has made my comedomal acne stubborn, it controls my acne but it doesn't clear it up. I called my doctor and asked him for Finacea last week, they said they will fax paperwork to longsdrugs. it's been a week now, and every FFRIGN time i call the doctor or longsdrugs, they will say the doctor hasn't replied to our fax yet or vise versa, the doctor will say longsdrugs has not replied to our fax yet... :xxx: :xxx: :xxx:

Ack! That sucks... I hope everything goes through for you. :)