Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a liquid foundation that offers really good coverage. Right now I am using Clarins Tinted Moisturizer, but this means I have to use a concealer to cover up my redmarks, which I hate doing. I seriously feel like I am painting my face or something hahah, it's like an art.

Anyway, I want to simplify my makeup routine by using just a foundation, but I'm not sure if any can cover like concealer does without looking too cakey and gross. I tried Every Day Minerals, but I'm not too fond of how it looks on my skin, I prefer liquid.

Any suggestions?

Before converting to EM, I used Rvlon Colorstay Active Light. It provided decent coverage and didn't feel too heavy.

I have Laura Mercier Oil-free foundation, and I think it's got great coverage, but it could be too heavy for some. Some people say that it looks horrible unless they use damp sponge, but I prefer using my fingers.

And how about MAC Studio Fix? I haven't tried it but it supposedly is the heaviest coverage that MAC has to offer.

You might also want to try other brands of mineral makeup. I hate EM too, it looks cakey and totally unnatural on me. Worse still, it separates (?) with my oil and turns weird and pastey on me after a few hours. I don't have that problem with Aubrey Nicole and Signature Minerals textures though. I'm still looking for the right minerals, but what I've found is that every brand is different. It's like if you don't like MAC's liquid, doesn't mean that all liquids are bad.

When I wear foundation I have found L'oreal's Infallible to be really great. It covers flaws wonderfully, goes on smooth(really no primer needed), and lasts up to 16 hours. Someone else started a thread on it but I never got around to posting a reply, but it's all I will use now! The best part is is that it's like only $8 + some change. Pair it with a pressed powder(if your face will allow for it)and you have(depending on the severity of your acne)flawless-looking skin.

I use Cover Girl Clean Makeup Liquid Foundation (with oil control, but I think you can choose which skin type it treats). It has never broken me out and has nice coverage without feeling thick or tacky. =]

I used Origin's Next of Skin liquid, and it was pretty nice. I can't recommend it over EDM, but I think if I ever went back to liquid foundations I'd go with Next of Skin again.

Revlon colorstay. One layer gives medium coverage and two layers gives almost 100% complete coverage and makes you look flawless. Stipple (pat) it on with a damp sponge for best results.

You might also want to try other brands of mineral makeup. I hate EM too, it looks cakey and totally unnatural on me. Worse still, it separates (?) with my oil and turns weird and pastey on me after a few hours. I don't have that problem with Aubrey Nicole and Signature Minerals textures though. I'm still looking for the right minerals, but what I've found is that every brand is different. It's like if you don't like MAC's liquid, doesn't mean that all liquids are bad.

Physician's Formula Liquid Mineral Foundation. Lovely coverage and very natural looking once it dries. It does need to be set with a powder for optimum lasting time and power. Looked decent through an entire 8 hour shift a few times. (With a few powderings in between).

Update: I like the one from Real Purity, it's very gentle (natural ingredients).

Edited by Birdie

Wow thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!!

How would I apply foundation with a damp sponge? What is the benefit from doing it that way? I normally just use my clean fingertips.

Revlon colorstay. One layer gives medium coverage and two layers gives almost 100% complete coverage and makes you look flawless. Stipple (pat) it on with a damp sponge for best results.

Wow thanks for all the suggestions ladies!!!

How would I apply foundation with a damp sponge? What is the benefit from doing it that way? I normally just use my clean fingertips.