Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kairasa

Cetaphil moisturizing CREAM - good or bad?

So I went to the dermo on the 4th, he prescribed Doxy twice a day, and gave me Duac. I have been washing with Cetaphil daily face wash twice a day, applying the duac at night, and taking the pills. My pimples have slowly gotten smaller, but I'm still left with quite a few, it hasn't been much time yet. My skin has been feeling itchy, but not irritated, and also flaky. I assume this is a combination of dry skin and skin repairing itself.

I went to the store and was set on buying the cetaphil moisturize lotion, but it was pretty expensive, and the cream was abit less. Is it safe to use this cream? It comes in a tub...has anybody else had an experience, good or bad, with it?

Thanks for the input, I'm hesistant to put it on my face, but money is really tight right now...

Hey there!

I love the Cetaphil Cream. (See below in my regimen) They either sell it in a tub (the one you have) or a tube (which i have) I love it!!

Glad you didnt get the lotion! On makeupalley.com (customer reviews) the cream is way more popular and likable than the lotion. People complained that the lotion stank (added fragrance) and just didnt do the job.

Hey there!

I love the Cetaphil Cream. (See below in my regimen) They either sell it in a tub (the one you have) or a tube (which i have) I love it!!

Glad you didnt get the lotion! On makeupalley.com (customer reviews) the cream is way more popular and likable than the lotion. People complained that the lotion stank (added fragrance) and just didnt do the job.

I use cetaphil cream twice a day, it feels soothing when I put it on, unlike the lotion, in fact everything with the word 'lotion' in the name just equals stinging and burning to me. It says it's non comedogenic and everything and don't seem to cause more breakouts so far :dance:

Oh no stay away from Cetaphil daily face wash, stay away, it over dries your skin... and probably causes the flakiness, although if you do choose to listen to me, im pretty certain im right, but after you choose to stay away from it, if the flakiness is still there, don't panic, just keep at it, it takes a while for the skin to repair itself.

Cetaphil moisturizer became completely unnecessary for me after I stopped using that OVERDRYING cleanser.

Cetaphil even tricked me into thinking I have dry skin! which i dont! and thus I dont need a moisturizer, well atleast not to treat the dryness.

I use Cetaphil's cleanser for sensitive skin, and I don't find it drying at all (and my skin can get very, very dry). I love this stuff. The cream (the one in the smaller greenish bottle with the screw on/off cap) broke me out, though. It seemed really thick, but who knows? It may work for you.

Best wishes!

I use Cetaphil wash twice daily and the moisturizer when necessary (usually cooler/drier weather). I never felt like it dried me out, but I thought the ingredients were all good, and it seems to be well-regarded at my dermatologist's office and by users here. What would you recommend, then, I thought Dan says that Cetaphil is pretty similar to the Regimen products?

Hey there!

Oh wow, that's good news! I was a bit freaked out, because there aren't any product reviews, besides one, for the cream.

So should I put it on twice a day...or only once?